• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Comparing LR-308 Lowers

• 5 months later...

I'm kinda new to the technology so I don't know how to link. I'm a former marine who loves to shoot. I've assembled a couple ar 15s for myself. Now I'm assembling an lr-308 after falling in love with one at the range. I ordered my lower first about

6 weeks ago from viper defense or tacticalriflesar15.com. Web site says 3-7 days till ship and has all along. I have called several times and they sat its in anodizing. I think I screwed up.

Now they won't return my calls or email. I could only find one review(after ordering) guy had to get his money back after a month

Never a good sign. I'd cancel my order. While it may be true what's happening, their customer service blows and is enough to never get any business.

Plus Rainier's matched billet ambi sets are coming!

Thank you for your service, and if you need some help, pm me (by clicking on my name then send message) and I will gladly help you get this started

Edited by edgecrusher

OK they emailed me back finally and agreed that I've been more than patient. And also agreed to refund my money soon. I hope they do. I already have a dpms upper receiver. So I'll probably stick with dpms on the lower. Thanx for you're input and help

OK they emailed me back finally and agreed that I've been more than patient. And also agreed to refund my money soon. I hope they do. I already have a dpms upper receiver. So I'll probably stick with dpms on the lower. Thanx for you're input and help

Not too long ago, I had a problem with making my iron sights work on my DPMS LR-308T and that was because the rail on the upper receiver was quite remarkably tall. I already had a DMPS lower, of course. Got a DMPS upper with a 'normal' rail height and everything fit together so well, it was like they were made at the same place. LOL and they were. I'm happy with the decision.

Is this the lowers co..? http://www.tacticalriflesar15.com/ar10-308-lower-receivers.html

I would stay with the same brand upper /lower receivers . I have seen too many problems when mixing uppers & lowers with different brands/manufacturers . Sure some work fine , but some mixing doesn't. I have read where some builds are not making through some carbine courses, but factory rifles do & maybe this may could be part of there problem.

(Update) still waiting on refund. I ordered a dpms lower. I already ordered the lr-308 a3 upper (low profile) and the rail I ordered has the low profile also. Once the lower arrives I'll have all the parts for assembly. I'll take pictures and update you guys with the before and Finished assembly. Dpms upper n lower. Mega arms 18" barrel. 15" freefloat quad rail ( removable rails)

• 2 weeks later...

It took viper a week to finally send out my refund. On one of the emails viper said that . he had to lay off a couple employees. Throughout my emails and phone calls I only spoke to one person SO it sounds like its a solo shop now.

After looking back. I consider myself fortunate for receiving a refund.

Surplus Ammo had no problems Shipping me out a new dpms within a few days.