• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

6.5 creedmoor 1k shooting

Savageman25

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried a standard buffer on it. If for some reason it is still acting weird next time I go out, then that will be my next move. it might be one card, I just read it was two card. Either way This block needs to be on the shoulder because it was way to far forward. I went and looked at the directions for the gas block and it said nothing about it at all so I guess they just figure most people butt them up to the shoulder. I'm wondering even if it's at the shoulder if it is actually perfectly lined up to the port on the barrel cause it looked way far foward when I took it off. You could tell by the carbon build up on it that it was barely getting gas through it.

Edited by Savageman25

• 2 weeks later...

Went out and shot it again today, and it ran flawlessly. So it seems the block had to be forward to much and was choking the gas down as a little bit of carbon suffocated what little was making it through. I guess I'll be more careful as to finding out if gas blocks are manufactured to be pushed to the shoulder in the future.

• 3 months later...

An update on the gun and the glass. First and foremost for you who asked me about the scope. I love it. Glass is very subjective so I'm not going to say anything about that. Just know it's good and that I'm sure it's on par with every other comparable scope in its price range. The clicks are very solid and tactile. I enjoy the zoom range on this scope but I feel like more would not be beneficial to me due to mirage that I've already experienced and it's not even the hot part of the year here yet. I had the chance to buy an Xrs at a killer deal and passed for that very reason. But what really sets this scope above all other things, I feel, is the reticle. I love the reticle. I have absolutely zero bad to say about it, so if your thinking about buying this scope I see no reason to not to. I actually have bought the bushnell 3-12 lrhs that has the similar reticle. I love that one so much I'm planning on buying another one and another 4.5-18 lrhs. If there were one thing that would hold me back from buying these scopes it would be that the customer service/warranty isn't as hassle free and simple as say a vortex. I hope I don't have to cross that bridge but for now I'll not let it stop me from buying there elite tactical line of scopes. 

As for the gun itself. I'm also plum tickled thus far. It's running flawlessly since I figured out the little gas block mishap. I have been out shooting multiple times to shoot it at 100 yards for groups and am confident in saying it can shoot sub 1/4 Moa (5 shot) groups as long as I do my part. I gotta be on my game in order to do that though. I've shot it sub 1/4 Moa three times (out of about 12 groupings that I've shot at that range) so i feel it's not a fluke. Most of the time it's right at 1/2 Moa though. Couple bad groups at right around 3/4 Moa. I've shot it at 500 yards once at a buddy's steel plate of mine and it was quite simply easy but I couldn't tell you the grouping. I hope to soon be able to stretch its legs to 1000.

If there were one thing that would hold me back from buying these scopes it would be that the customer service/warranty isn't as hassle free and simple as say a vortex. I hope I don't have to cross that bridge but for now I'll not let it stop me from buying there elite tactical line of scopes. 

Bushnell just announced an upgraded warranty on the Elite line that reads like the Vortex warranty;

http://bushnell.com/warranties

I haven't used it but it reads good. I agree their service was a little hoaky in the past, made you pay a $20 service fee and then took months to get the optics back.

• 2 weeks later...