• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WootWoot! SBR and 1st Suppressor cleared!

SwissyJim

Ok I am confused how does the BATFE get a copy of your trust when you efile? because you are required to send a copy with each and every form 4 or form 1 however you did it congrats .... mine will be right at 1 year so I don't understand how a efile can be any faster if you have any more info please let me know I have 3 more to send in.... :)

P.s. yep if your dealer has the can in stock you can send in right away if he has to order it he has to do a form 3 I think it is to transfere it from where it is to him so that is probably the hold up on your other two.....

Edited by Magwa

When I see "w00t w00t", it reminds me of the sounds US destroyers in the South Pacific used to make after repelling an attack by the Japanese.

It certainly sounds like their steam sirens, "w00t w00t"

http://hornwhistleboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=326

Don't know if they have the sound and my internet connection is not fast enough to do sound, but I've heard the 'w00ting', and it makes your hair stand up. Sounds like a predator.

Magwa, all I did was scanned my Trust paperwork into a PDF file and there is an 'attachment' button on the page. My dealer has a copy of it on his system so he can do the same. Most people simply scan as an image and create a PDF that way, but I found out that Micro$oft Office imaging (or something like that) will do a good job of scanning via OCR. All I had to do was proofread it and re-create the formatting. That created a PDF that could be copied and pasted if needed, and for the signatures, I just added the images to the page. I keep the master, editable files on a flash drive in my safe.

As far as the eFile being faster... I have no idea. Nether did my dealer. But, he says he's getting Trust items approved faster than individual. And efiles are much faster still. I guess I can attest to that being true - I filed three Form 4's and one Form 1 all at the same time - two Form 4's were mailed in, one was efiled. The Form 1 I efiled myself. All on the same day - my postmark for the mailing matches the date on the efiles. I have since gotten the efiled Form 4 and the Form 1 - both were right at 95 days. Plus a month after sending the first batch, I had another Form 4 efiled, and that is the one I just got... right at 150 days. And I'm still waiting for the mailed Form 4's.

I think the difference between being able to efile or not, for me at least, was he had the one in stock, and the others were coming. He had already gotten the serial numbers of the ones coming, but they did not show up on the eForm site for him since they had not 'officially' been transferred to him. But, since he had the serials, it was possible to mail them in and due to the time it takes with the mail and such, he would have them in his possession and transferred to him by the time the ATF got to the form. In retrospect, I wish I had waited, and had them efiled once they arrived. But I was worried about the Trust law changes with the ATF and figured it would be better to have them started just in case. Oh well.  But he did say that with the time frame we submitted my cans, he expects I may see them by July since they are on a Trust. Weird they would be faster than individual, but that's what he says he has been seeing.

well all I can tell you now is that trusts are taking 1 year to process mine was mailed in oct.2013 and went pending in dec.2013 I called to check status and was told it will be approved in dec 2014... my question to the world is what difference does it make when they have it no matter if it is efile or paper what can they possibly do with mine for ten months? oh well I just read the ATF's e filing page they are not excepting any more form 3's of 4's right now they got overwhelmed I guess.... what a headache...

it is a nutroll, that's for sure. There is no reason it should be this troublesome. Hell, there's no reason to have to go thru this in the first place! Jut make them like everything else... form 4473 and call it good.

Oh well... I hope he's right in that mine will be back in a couple of months. Me, I'm not that hopeful.BUt I plan on getting my 300blk subs dialed in, just in case :banana:

Looks like once you get a trust set up, you can buy and sell machine guns....

"it appears that ATF recently changed that dynamic when it held that an “unincorporated trust” was not a “person” under the Gun Control Act."

--Did ATF’s Determination on NICS Checks Open the Door for Manufacture of New Machineguns for Trusts? - Prince Law Offices - May 14, 2014
http://blog.princelaw.com/2014/05/14/did-atfs-determination-on-nics-checks-open-the-door-for-manufacture-of-new-machineguns-for-trusts/

• 3 weeks later...

welp... was hoping for a day at the range, getting some time in with the Specwar, but noooooooo - it HAD to blow the torrential rain sideways today! Oh well... maybe Thursday.

in the meantime, I'll just drop this here:

DSCN0211.JPG?m=1402465343

I have the front sight off so I can strap my Magnetospeed onto the rail - I hope to also get my subs dialed in on Thursday as well.. once I'm done (for now) with the load development, I have a longer handguard (same exact one, just longer) to hide more of the can and the light, front sight and vertical grip will all go

Edited by edgecrusher

welp... was hoping for a day at the range, getting some time in with the Specwar, but noooooooo - it HAD to blow the torrential rain sideways today! Oh well... maybe Thursday.

in the meantime, I'll just drop this here:

DSCN0211.JPG?m=1402465343

I have the front sight off so I can strap my Magnetospeed onto the rail - I hope to also get my subs dialed in on Thursday as well.. once I'm done (for now) with the load development, I have a longer handguard (same exact one, just longer) to hide more of the can and the light, front sight and vertical grip will all go

Sorry, I hit edit the first time not quote!

Dude, that's a sexy lady! My check was cashed in January so my stamp is still a bit out....

got to the range and have my subs dialed in... 2 loads, so I can hopefully find the powder for one of them! The can is STUPID quiet!! I hear the buffer spring working more than I hear the gun go bang <thumbsup>   Had a little issue with my adjustable gas block (SLR Rifleworks DA7) being gummed up and non-adjustable. Talked with the owner and he's sending me a newer, better version to replace it. Good service...

now to start mass loading some subs to have fun with :drool:

got to the range and have my subs dialed in... 2 loads, so I can hopefully find the powder for one of them! The can is STUPID quiet!! I hear the buffer spring working more than I hear the gun go bang <thumbsup>   Had a little issue with my adjustable gas block (SLR Rifleworks DA7) being gummed up and non-adjustable. Talked with the owner and he's sending me a newer, better version to replace it. Good service...

now to start mass loading some subs to have fun with :drool:

Are you running subsonic rounds and do they cycle the action?

yes and yes.  I tested a number of loads of A1680 and A5744, and have 2 that cycle the action, BHO on last round, and stay below supersonic speeds. loads are both with Hornady AMax 208gr, one with Accurate 1680 (Avg, 972fps) and the other A5744 (Avg,1014fps)

1680 is about 2/3" while the 5744 is 7/8"

DSCN0219.jpgDSCN0220.jpg?m=1402617594

the range was super busy, and I had to shoot off a bench that was more pistol orientated... if I got to the rifle areas I'm sure I could tighten the groups up even more. The bench was so narrow I could not use anything but my shoulder with no support for my elbow for the stock.

But all in all, these worked fine. I'm going to test some 220SMK's as well, but I like the 208's as I'm finding them to be more consistent between boxes than the SMK's for some reason.

Edited by SwissyJim

• 2 weeks later...

haha! Loaded up 3 mags worth of subs and took them to the range with a buddy and his 2 kids, along with my suppressed M&P 15-22 and model422. What a BLAST! Steel targets out at 25, 45 and 50 yards (8" circles and one 2/3 IDPA torso) and all you can hear is the ping-ping-ping of the steel. Even had a guy shooting the lanes with us walk over and start asking all kinds of questions and I finally just handed him a half full mag and told him to knock himself out (guy was GOOD!). He had the same poop eating grin I had when he was done. Then the SERIOUS questions started... loads, bullets, lengths, parts on the rifle... I think he was a convert ;-)

Next buy will be a picatinny rail section for my keymod rail so I can hook my gopro onto it and have more fun <thumbsup>