• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

You F&^%ing Conspiracists!

planeflyer21

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn Swissy where the heck you finding 208s and 220s been trying to find some for my 300wm.

Thats a sweet looking rifle. Nice build brother.

LOL  lots of perseverance! Actually found the 208's locally, and the 220 MK's @ Natchezssss or whatever the hell they are.

On a side note, all parts have been Cerakoted, and hopefully picking them up this weekend to finish the build! I'll post a final photo with all the parts listed when I do.

LOL  lots of perseverance! Actually found the 208's locally, and the 220 MK's @ Natchezssss or whatever the hell they are.

On a side note, all parts have been Cerakoted, and hopefully picking them up this weekend to finish the build! I'll post a final photo with all the parts listed when I do.

During the mess that was last year the only 30 cal I could find were the Speer Hot-Cor 200gr in boxes of 50.

yeah, it's been thin to say the least. Thankfully I've been able to scrounge 11# of H110, 500 of the Sierra 220gr MK and 250 of the 208 A-Max's. But I have yet to see a box of commercial .300aac! the blackout SBR I'm doing got me into reloading, just because no one locally carries any except for 2 shops and they laugh everytime I ask.

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd throw some information out there for those who might need it. I've seen on other sites that there are certain cases that do not make good AAC Blackout rounds but I have not found the list to be very accurate. Always check your case neck thickness after completly finishing a shell you've cut/sized/deburred etc.... before cutting a lot of cases down and keep the thickness Below .013 and you should be good to go. Of course if you have an extermly tight chamber you might have a different outcome. I use many different cases as friends and family hand them to me for free. Ive used LC of course PRV, PSD, Some with a NNY on them, Monark, Win and Rems shells for the 223/556 with no problems in size. Remeber the max Diameter is .334 for the finished cartridge! I cut my cases .002 over the length of my length sizer/cutter and it makes for less trimming. If you'll keep your subs as close to 1050fps and under in your particular firearm you'll get maximum performance and slilence too (poof goes the 30 cal)!

Be safe and have fun one and all!

• 10 months later...

I too for along time thought I dont need another cal. BUT since I built it I love it. My ar15 does not get used much now except for plinking. It is light and easy to carry!Great close range hunting rifle.On the down side is bullets for reloading are hard to find. I am talking 110-130 GR... For subsonic I guess I got lucky from having a bunch on hand from my bolt gun in 30 Cal. I do not regrete ever builing it now.

• 3 months later...

My Blackout is my go to do everything fun, wolf hunting gun now..... rides on my back while on quad or snow mobile and is a hoot to shoot.... every one of you fukers need one now get busy!!!!!!1 Ta da................... 2000 posts.