Blades

Robocop1051

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, sketch said:

I think bro said 44$ shipped? 

$44.49 in that link you posted, brother.  I took the chance.  .204 Ruger brass showed up instead.  We'll see what they do.

My email to them:

Monday, 10:12pm:

Hey guys,

Package arrived today just fine, but there is a problem.  Some Hornady .204 Ruger brass was shipped, and no Ontario Knife Company RAT knife.

Tell me how you want to proceed.

Thanks,

Tom-Ass

They took their time to email be back, but at least they did:

Tuesday, 3:31pm:

Your request (8985) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Well, they offered, so I felt obliged...

Tuesday, 8:43pm:

Nothing to review, really, in my opinion.  I ordered a specific knife.  You sent me reloading brass. 

Please resolve this quickly. 

Tom-Ass

They can have another couple days of excuses, then it's Game On. 

Seems like a scam.  The listing wasn't a "mistake," - they just listed something theey couldn't sell, and shipped out some bullshiit to people.  I ain't takin' it.

GOt an email from them today.

Wednesday, 10:11am:

Tom-Ass,

Thanks for your email.

I want to apologize on behalf of Universal Mania for the mix up.

The item is in fact a listing error and the inventory needed to fulfill this order is inaccurate.

I have sent you a return label to have the incorrect item shipped back.

One returned you will be refunded.

Once again we do apologize this is in fact a listing error & we greatly appreciate you shopping with us.

Warm Regards,

Alexus

So, once I get the return label in my hands, the fun will begin.  :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, sketch said:

he balked and returned the brass today..

What kind of brass did they ship him?...  Manufacturer and caliber?...  Mine was Hornady .204 Ruger brass... Just curious if they shipped the same shiit to him.

Let me know when they return his money.  I'm not comfortable sending these assclowns the brass UNTIL they return my money...

Edited by 98Z5V

On 8/10/2017 at 10:31 AM, DNP said:

Did your receipt show the knife?

it looks like it could have easily a typo in the inventory code. I wonder how many they sold before they figured it out?

The email order showed the knife, with confirmation emails, yada yada yada. 

The packing slip showed the .204 Ruger brass, right on top of the package of brass...

Been looking over their online reviews - this kinda shiit is common from them.  Shoulda looked them up beforehand, but this is fun. :laffs:

40 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

The email order showed the knife, with confirmation emails, yada yada yada. 

The packing slip showed the .204 Ruger brass, right on top of the package of brass...

Been looking over their online reviews - this kinda shiit is common from them.  Shoulda looked them up beforehand, but this is fun. :laffs:

yes i shouda also.. bro can hunt down some deals and this time its a proper shits. he has another link to another knife... he shipped the brass  back Wednesday.

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2017 at 7:48 PM, jtallen83 said:

I've had a Gerber Answer FAST for a couple years, it was my at home carry knife so it didn't see much use but became loose with a floppy blade so I shipped it back to gerber. They quit making this model and couldn't fix it so they let me pick one of a similar value for a replacement. I picked the Venture, a titanium handled knife with their new assisted opening....problem is assisted opening means you need to assist it with pliers! Piss poor knife design, don't waste your time, in my case time and the postage required to send it back!

Venture_fulljpg.thumb.jpg.424112f25e9f4a533b7cc59e34cca244.jpg

http://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Assisted/Venture_30-000405

Returned the knife for a replacement, it was waiting for me when I got home. This one works fine, I'm a little skeptical of the assisted opening without a safety lock but will carry it awhile and see. It snaps open with authority and locks up very tight, no wiggle at all when I twist on it. It's a nice looking lightweight knife , think I'll use it for occasions when I have to dress up a bit, weddings, funerals, business meetings and such. 

On 8/11/2017 at 9:43 PM, edgecrusher said:

I recently grabbed a Tops backbite. I like it but I need a better sheath 

what no pic..:bitchslap: sheath from tops needs some help! 

On 8/9/2017 at 8:27 PM, 98Z5V said:

What kind of brass did they ship him?...  Manufacturer and caliber?...  Mine was Hornady .204 Ruger brass... Just curious if they shipped the same shiit to him.

Let me know when they return his money.  I'm not comfortable sending these assclowns the brass UNTIL they return my money...

ill follow up tonight if bro shows up.. i forgot about this..

9 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Returned the knife for a replacement, it was waiting for me when I got home. This one works fine, I'm a little skeptical of the assisted opening without a safety lock but will carry it awhile and see. It snaps open with authority and locks up very tight, no wiggle at all when I twist on it. It's a nice looking lightweight knife , think I'll use it for occasions when I have to dress up a bit, weddings, funerals, business meetings and such. 

it will cut!!

1 hour ago, sketch said:

ill follow up tonight if bro shows up.. i forgot about this..

Oh, I haven't, brother - this is still going down.  It's almost over, but they're not playing well.  They have their brass back, and I have a video of packing it up and attaching the shipping label - in case those shyster's try to say that it was damaged on return.  They still haven't credited my account back yet, but they got a nice email from me yesterday...   :thumbup:

Fuk Universal Mania in the neck!

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh, I haven't, brother - this is still going down.  It's almost over, but they're not playing well.  They have their brass back, and I have a video of packing it up and attaching the shipping label - in case those shyster's try to say that it was damaged on return.  They still haven't credited my account back yet, but they got a nice email from me yesterday...   :thumbup:

Fuk Universal Mania in the neck!

bro called in sick ill wake him now.

• 2 weeks later...

So, awhile back I sent them an email about the refund, and they responded...

Here's the tragedy, as it unfolds...

Alexus Barton (Universal Mania)

Aug 9, 10:11 -05

Tom-Ass
Thanks for your email.
I want to apologize on behalf of Universal Mania for the mix up.
The item is in fact a listing error and the inventory needed to fulfill this order is inaccurate.
I have sent you a return label to have the incorrect item shipped back.
One returned you will be refunded.
Once again we do apologize this is in fact a listing error & we greatly appreciate you shopping with us.
Warm Regards,

Alexus

tom-ass
Wednesday,9/6 8:58am

Universal Mania (support+id8985@universalmania.zendesk.com)

Alexus, 

It looks like my return package was delivered to you on Monday, August 28th at 3:27pm.  What is the status of my complete refund?

Tom-Ass

Kurt Derizzio (Universal Mania)

Sep 7, 14:21 -05

Hi Tom,
A request for refund has been submitted for this order. Your refund will be processed within 1-2 business days.
Regards,
Universal Mania

Get home from work late one night, and decide to check my bank account that the knife was purchased on.  Surprise, no refund...  So, they got this...

tom-ass

Monday, 9/18 11:11pm

This complete refund has not happened yet, and has not been credited to my card.  You have 1 day to get this straight.

Fix it. Rapidly.

Tom-Ass

Obviously, I didn't want them to "forget" what I paid them, and what they owed me, so I quickly followed up with...

tom-ass

Monday 9/18 11:35pm

In case you people forgot, you owe me $44.49, for the complete refund.  All of it.

Tom-Ass

So, this weekend, I check my account again, ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE DATE OF THE KNIFE PURCHASE... 

Crickets...

Sunday night, I had an email in my inbox to"review my purchase with Universal Mania..." Well, GLADLY!!!  I lit that shiit up like a Christmas tree.  I dug out all the emails, accurately described all the communication back and forth, and I let it out in the review that I used the GoPro to box the product back up into the return box, initialed my info on the box top before I affixed the shipping label, and I can post up the video to YouTube at any time - in case these shysty fuckers try to say the product was damaged...  The review was epic.  Epicly NASTY.  I found out during the review submission, that my review didn't take.  I was pissed.  I submitted it, and it didn't upload... 

So, I found another place to review them.  I wrote down the same stuff, almost exact.  Submitted...  THAT didn't take... 

Something fishy here.  I was beyond pissed at these scamming fukwads at this point.  You can probably submit GOOD reviews for these thieving assheads anywhere you want - but not a bad one...

Ironically, Monday morning, this email was sent to me...

Universal Mania (support@universalmania.com)

Monday 10/2 11:48am

Universal Mania

Order 371436

Your order has been refunded

Total amount refunded: $44.49 USD

Order summary

Ontario Knife Company Rat 1095 7 × 1

$44.49

Subtotal

$44.49

Shipping

$0.00

Total

$44.49 USD

Visa (ending in xxxx)

$44.49

Refund
Payflow

- $44.49

If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at support@universalmania.com

Bottom line  - NOT a reputable vendor. In fact,a SHIITY VENDOR.  Complete shitbags.  It takes a long time to get any resolution with these scamming fukwads when they screw you, and it is NOT worth the hassle.

If you DO order something from them, and don't get what you ordered, do NOT be surprised.  However, if you don't keep up the fight, they will just blow you off.  Make your communcations, request your refund, document how and when you ship their bullshiit back, verify that they received it- then lay into that a$s with negative reviews anywhere you can leave them.

That will probably be the only thing that shortens the amount of time it takes them to get your money back to you.