Blades

Robocop1051

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Previously bought my wife a OKC rat folder in pink. Decent knife, AUS-8. It was kinda big and she has small hands and watching her open and close it made me wince. just kept waiting for her to chop a finger off. 

I was browsing kershawguy.com and saw the auto Launch 6 in purple on sale for $69 and decided to check it out. No real expectations. This thing is awesome. CPM-154 steel. Razor blade sharp. Button activated auto. Snaps open with authority and locks up super tight. Zero wiggle. I think I love Kershaw all over again. Going to order the Launch 2 or 3 for myself. The Launch 4 is a CA legal version. awesome deal for under $100 with lifetime warranty.  check these beasties out!

PicsArt_10-31-10.54.04.jpg

9 hours ago, blue109 said:

I think I love Kershaw all over again.

They're better again for a few years now. Permanent "emergency folder" on my go-bag is a Kershaw Tanto Blur, partial serration.  Bad sumbitch, check one out.  :thumbup:  SHARP.  AS.  FUK...

31kZ6n9mcML.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

My brother is a huge knife guy. He bought me a nice Kershaw years ago for my birthday. I love the knife and it has stood up to my abuse. He told me that Kershaw has decent knives as long as you don't buy them from Walmart. apparently they make a lower quality ones just for Walmart so they can sell them cheaper. idk how true that is, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Doubt that the walmart thing is true...Kershaw is Kershaw. I only buy the US made ones for reasons, but by all accounts the china Kershaws are still top quality. I read about how the owners went to china to ensure the factory is up to par and quality control meets standards. That blur is probably Kershaws most classic knife. I love those. I was actually looking at one when I saw the launch on sale. Only a few bucks more and fully auto so I gave it a shot. 

10 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

My brother is a huge knife guy. He bought me a nice Kershaw years ago for my birthday. I love the knife and it has stood up to my abuse. He told me that Kershaw has decent knives as long as you don't buy them from Walmart. apparently they make a lower quality ones just for Walmart so they can sell them cheaper. idk how true that is, but I wouldn't be surprised.

This goes for a lot of things at big box stores like lawn mowers, chain saws, power tools and a few other things.

oh I’ll go to XXXXX it’s 200$ cheaper than the dealer.......... yea there’s a reason for that 

Figured it wouldn't hurt to have a skinning knife with me on the road, and I couldn't pass up the $60 price! The ESEE JG5, I really like the way those scales feel in the hand, spent an hour whittling with it and found no issues. 

I know most don't care for ebay but this is a deal and the knife they sent me is legit ESEE ;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESEE-JG5-FIXED-BLADE-WITH-SCULPTED-BROWN-MICARTA-HANDLE-NIB/401626116221?hash=item5d82c8307d:g:YsUAAOSwRxJbz3UM:rk:36:pf:0

https://www.smkw.com/esee-jg5-sculpted-micarta-1095-carbon-skinner

IMG_0904.thumb.JPG.43282cc32bfc1d976dd800df48f52cf8.JPGIMG_0905.thumb.JPG.e3e16dd2d0a994aea4d3b39205f02d4f.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bill Geissele started a new knife company under his son’s names, Abraham and Moses. This was a knife they announced at SHOT. 

64C3A162-11B9-4DB0-8F58-229ADAB278A7.jpeg

the knife was first created by a knife maker while he was deployed in Vietnam. It’s unknown how many originals were made, but the maker made at least one for one of his teammates. That teammate, decades later, gifts the original knife to Bill Geissele on his deathbed. Bill then goes on to search out the original maker, only to find he had passed just prior, and his widow ha already thrown out all his old drawings and blueprints. Bill and the Widow made an agreement to bring the knife to production and thus, the above knives came into being. 

• 2 weeks later...