• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I'm in Flower Mound, due north of Dallas.  I really don't have a range that I frequent exclusively.  There's Quail Creek Range off of 35W north of the race track, but they are on the spendy side for an outdoor range at $14 per person.  We do have property outside the DFW area but it is kinda remote for a quick trip.  I just go wherever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome outdare!  I'm also NW -- been to Hot Wells a bunch, they're about the only place around I can shoot my class 3 stuff.

<thumbsup>

If you're into any caliber pistol, or rimfire rifle shooting, I can tell you about the best deal around this city!

This is North Texas.  Garland Shooting range,  outdoor,  is very nice,  100 yd rifle range with targets at 50 & 100 yds;  pistol range;  shotgun area used for trap/skeet (?) (I don't do shotguns even though I own a couple).  $10 a visit even if it is all day and a bunch of guns.

Bullet Trap in Plano.  Never been there to shoot.  Don't like indoor much and all the indoor ranges seem really pricey.  Bullet Trap may not be nearly as expensive (no promises) as many that appear to have rules like 'one (hand)gun,  50 rounds & buy the (required factory) ammo from us,  drop $100,  don't let the door hit you in the %%## on the way out after you shoot.'

My medical problems are apparently wrapping up their gig,  may be able to do some shooting again this summer.  It has been a year.  Heard Garland Shooting Range was in a lawsuit;  hope they are still there.

Welcome outdare!  I'm also NW -- been to Hot Wells a bunch, they're about the only place around I can shoot my class 3 stuff.

<thumbsup>

If you're into any caliber pistol, or rimfire rifle shooting, I can tell you about the best deal around this city!

You have peaked my interest. As long as it is not a sale's pitch. I shoot when I can find the time. No matter if it is a pistol or rifle.

Thanks

You have peaked my interest. As long as it is not a sale's pitch. I shoot when I can find the time. No matter if it is a pistol or rifle.

Thanks

Ha, no, no sales pitch here.  I'm a member of a private club (Bayou Rifles).  We have two ranges, one is at Eldridge Parkway and I-10 and the other is down by 288 and the Beltway.  The one in Addicks Reservoir is pistol and rimfire rifle.  The one down south has shotgun, pistol and rifle ranges at 100, 200, 300, 600 and 1000 yards.  The one at Eldridge and I-10 is handy to the NW part of town and we have steel silhouettes for pistol bullseye or rimfire rifle and a few short-work pistol ranges, very nice to get away from the idiots of the general public.

It's $140 / year.  For me, it's like 5 miles away and worth every penny to be able to go whenever I want and have only other members shooting around me.

<thumbsup>

Hey Yall im in Big D...I go to garland public but i just saw a new range thats got 500yd plates up by Melissa  called top gun I think....im soo tired of paper. if anyone has got a place to blow crap up lemme know

im an ol fart but my gf is cute and has just started to shoot...maybe we  all can double date (shoot) somewhere?....lol  :)  Wash

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey out there,  I am kinda a newbie to the 308 crowd.  Live in NW Houston, shoot some at hotwells.  Been lookin around for a new/used rifle in 308/7.62x51mm.  Armalite, DPMS, RRA, and others.  Has anyone been out to the Impact Zone range ?  Any positive outcomes? 

SANTADEE

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.  Live in Terrell, East of Dallas.  When I get time, I shoot out at Wiley's in Wills Point.  About $7 a person.  Thinking about joining the gun club this year in Terrell just so I can have access to their range.

Also, looking to sell a DPMS LR308 with 24" stainless barrel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm located in Colorado County.  We are equidistant between Houston, San Antonio, Austin & Victoria.  I normally do my shooting here at the ranch since I have stations set for 25, 50, 100 & 200 yards, however I wouldn't be adverse to shooting elsewhere to meet some others here...  especially some longer ranges.

Hello all,

I live in Marfa at the moment, and despite the vast expanses of flat clear land, i can anly find a 250 yard range. I havent had a chance to go yet, but from what the locals say, it is free, so I guess that makes up for it. Back in Uvalde where i grew up, I had a home made range with a gong at 800 and various other steel targets on the farm.  The Uvalde gun range was decent, with rifle range at 50, 100, 200, and 300, as well as a wide pistol range and trap and skeet also. 60$ a year for a membership, but i dont ever remember paying after the first year. They were kinda laid back at the time, not sure if it is still that way.