• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

IWB or OWB that is the question

Magwa

IWB , I carrie in the small of my back with my PM 45  & up front with the M&P Shield . I find both uncomfortable when driving & remove them when driving . 

There is not much out there for weapon mounted light holsters . Some yes, most no  & the ones I have seen are for specific light manufacturers or the holster manufactures own light system .

I don't have anything small enough to carry in a pocket.

THIS is the quote of this whole thread!!!  :banana: <laughs> <lmao>

IWB.    I would only do OWB if I could conceal it.  I think you are just asking for it if the masses can see it.

Eff the masses.  Right in the neck.  I open carry very often.  If they looked shocked, they need to get back to the real world.  It's not "calm and comfortable" like they want to envision it - it's rough and hard, and there are a$sholes on every corner looking for them, as they are easy prey... 

IWB. We are open carry here but it freaks too many people out.

I've had a few of those freaked out people ask me why I carry - I tell them, "You better practice your Second Amendment Rights if you want to Preserve them - otherwise, you will lose them..."  They blink...  then walk away. 

If you are unarmed, you are a victim.  Sooner or later. 

It's like bikers, and the rule of the road - there are only two kinds of bikers.  Ones that have been down, and ones that are going down.  You better be prepared when you go down, or you're gonna be hurt... 

Edited by 98Z5V

I've had a few of those freaked out people ask me why I carry - I tell them, "You better practice your Second Amendment Rights if you want to Preserve them - otherwise, you will lose them..."  They blink...  then walk away. 

Not on a university campus...a large university..... everyone just freaks out and run around in circles.....next thing you know campus police (I work alongside them) starts coming.

Edited by shibiwan

I've been using one of Crossbreeds for the XDM pistols.  Spreads the weight out over a large area, multiple position adjustments for full comfort.

Also use the DeSantis Sof-Tuck for the LC9…that's like the difference between BDUs and a thong.   :banana:

Who needs pics?

I got the crossbead also for the XDM, the 4.5 barrel went past the leather by about a 1".After prolong wear it creats a hot spot.I called them and never got a return call so much for their garantee.Will have a guy extend the leather.Will not but a thing from them again.I'll use these guys:http://www.whitehatholsters.com/iwb-holsters/  they told me if I and in the notes they will make the back as long as I want.

Edited by unforgiven

Not on a university campus...a large university..... everyone just freaks out and run around in circles.....next thing you know campus police (I work alongside them) starts coming.

I stay out of Gun Free Zones as much as I possibly can.  If I need to be in one for any business whatsoever, I conduct it and GTFO as soon as possible.  <thumbsup>

Mernickle Holsters.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/

Running one for the 4" Kimber Tac Pro II, and one for the 4" XD45.  Will never, ever purchase another brand of holster, unless I need something to use while they're making me a new one... 

I stay out of Gun Free Zones as much as I possibly can.  If I need to be in one for any business whatsoever, I conduct it and GTFO as soon as possible.  <thumbsup>

Only one I've been in lately is the jury pool room.  If I'm going in and out and shooting starts, I prefer to be a live felon than dead law abider.

May have to follow blue's lead with that butt lube though.  <laughs>

Eff the masses.  Right in the neck.  I open carry very often.  If they looked shocked, they need to get back to the real world.  It's not "calm and comfortable" like they want to envision it - it's rough and hard, and there are a$sholes on every corner looking for them, as they are easy prey... 

I totally agree with eff what the people think.     I don't do it to conform I am more inclined to keep it out of sight just to be off the radar and maintain the element of surprise.  And also not be the target for a gun grab which could turn into a bloody one handed knife fight.  Never mind making some rookie cop or security guard freak out and draw on me.  It sucks but thats how it is out here in the northeast.