• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

IWB or OWB that is the question

Magwa

• 3 months later...

I have been carrying a pistol for many years, be it on duty and off duty, I recently became a dealer for N82 Tactical IWB holsters, I was turned on to them from a fellow brother and figured I would just add to the pile of worthless holsters I have purchased over the years that were so uncomfortable to carry that they ended up in a box in the corner of my gun room. I can honestly say that I was so impressed with the comfort level of this company's holster that I became a dealer of their product. I have sold a bunch to different guys and the calls just keeping coming in from their friends . The holster I have been selling the most of is the Professional line, they are suede lined towards the users body, the full frame of the weapon is covered by the holster so that no part of it rubs on the user, the center is a neoprene core with the face covered in soft leather, The retention system on the professional is a poly carbonate shell with a simple retention system that securely engages the weapon and maintains retention, to remove the weapon the user must twist a 1/4 turn towards the body and pull upward, The nice thing about the holster is that you can re-holster your weapon without the holster collapsing on itself. It takes a lot to impress me but this company got it right and the prices are very reasonable. here is a link to their website.

www.n82tactical.com

Edited by Pappy1600

that does look comfy.I've been "poorly" concealing in my serpa for years, but I like the look of that.

if I go someplace I can't carry, I use the diaper bag. I'm collecting parts for a 7.5" folder for the new baby as we speak. figure if I have 2 kids, ill need double the mag capacity.

That's what I thought also Robo, I wasn't sure about it either until I wore one for the whole day ,driving, walking around ,and at the end of the day I was sold on the comfort level.. Only downfall I have to say is that you need to get one size larger pants or shorts.. My biggest concern is summer carry, since I like to wear shorts this solved my problem with carrying in the summer, during the winter I will use my paddle holster under my jacket , or just keep the pistol in the jacket pocket.

I carry OWB because I'm built in a way that makes that work. One carry does not fit all.

Regardless of your preferred carry, I found it very valuable to get a leather punch and put a few extra holes in my belt. Most waistbelts in the US have one hole per inch. I have a hole every half inch -- and that extra smidgen of adjustment helps make things a lot more comfortable.