• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Let's see your ATVs!

Madhouse

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No turbo.  Stock engine internals, completely, with a Sparks full exhaust, Sparks tuner, and AirRaid intake system.  It's 107hp stock, at the crank, and that stuff might have given it 10% more.  Damn thing is fast, and that's more in the clutching mods - he nailed that $hit on the first try, the combo was perfect.

The Cr500 is a thing of beauty. The ATC 250R is a fantastic death machine, I would LOVE one. The 200x is much more... lame LOL BUT, if you disrespect it, you could still end up very dead. lol

I grew up on dirtbikes, but I was always drawn to our little three wheeler. There is just something attractive about them to me. They are simple, light weight, and fun. But they do take better form, and they are not so forgiving as a quad (although a quad can give out more unexpectedly, and since they weight more, can be equally dangerous, if not more)

The thing is that every time I crashed a three wheeler, I knew it was coming, and I knew it was my fault. One time on a quad, I was doing donuts just fine until one second... BAMB! I was launched like a projectile from a trebuchet into the stratosphere lol.

If three wheelers were still made affordably (the import ban only lasted ten years, but the bogus media destroyed their reputation permanently), I would get a new one. Alas... it will never happen.

As for dirtbikes, my daily ride is a Suzuki Dr650 on super moto wheels with some farkling, and I would LOVE to have a street legal Cr500 supermoto... Just in case I feel like my life expectancy is getting a little too long ;-)

• 10 months later...

I inherited a 1985 Honda 250ES.   My uncle bought it new in 85.   I got it in 2013.

Had to put a little bit of money into though.  I never thought I would want one or need one.   Even when I go to the mail box I coral on the back of my three wheeler.   It has also turned in to my little tractor.

001_zps4e05a0b1.jpg

016_zpsf0f4d964.jpg

0820141733B_zpsbc7579a1.jpg

Wolf

There are some pictures in this thread the ones of them jumping the sand duns. that have causing problems.   Some people can’t jus uset them for what they wear designed for.   Farm and ranch work.    It wasn’t Congress, it was our Leftest news media that did that.   To many kids playing on there three and four wheelers getting killed for being STUPID. 

Wolf

Edited by Wolfgang1952

I disagree.  A few years before new ATCs were banned, I was fortunate enough to have a few friends in the owners' group.  While don't certainly don't handle like a 2-wheeler, the 3-wheeled ATCs are plenty easy to control with weight shift and throttle.  It's the whole reason manufacturers came out with long-travel suspensions and wider stances; because owners were taking them to their full sporting potential (very much the reason we now see factory rifles with all the bells and whistles one could hope to see).

While media showed video after video of people flipping 3-wheelers (now 4-wheelers) over onto their heads and breaking their necks or melons, media still doesn't cast the final vote in the halls of Congress, media doesn't sign the legislation into law.

I agree though that people doing any inherently dangerous activity beyond their skill level is stupid.

I agree though that people doing any inherently dangerous activity beyond their skill level is stupid.

And not allowing things like this to weed the gene pool is stupid...............I did a face plant from one of those at about age 10 myself, never told Mom how I got the cuts and scrapes for fear she wouldn't let me ride it anymore...........never happened to me again either!

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, MikedaddyH said:

Digging deeper in the Necro grave than I did today ! And snatching your trophy back !

Lol you drove me to it, atleast it wasn't about a fishing trip that happened 9 months ago

49 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

necropost.jpg:laffs:

and since we are on the subject of snow plowing, Shepp, could you pop over and do my driveway??? Only 6 inches but it's that evil heavy, sticky stuff!

Only, shit I'll plow two inches lol. It's here now wet and sticky yuck. Maybe if I wasn't on call sorry

Edited by shepp

• 1 year later...