Pictures of Cars !

MikedaddyH

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

54k I think

About right. Sticker price on my 2016 Laramie new was $51,900. That is why I jumped on it at $35,000 with 7300 miles. Internet car shopping has really improved the chances of getting a decent deal on what you want. I give myself 6 months or more search time, and allow for 50% false leads. That is vehicles which dealers advertise long after they are sold, then they try to switch you to something else. Look for salesmen's vehicles (that was what my Laramie was) with low mileage, usually loaded to the gills with options, and be flexible on brands. Rams will be a couple of grand cheaper, then GM Trucks,which will be a little cheaper then Ford/Toyotas/Nissan. The differences are not as big as you think. I am getting 19.9mph all around out of my Hemi V-8 with 8 speed auto. That is .2 of a mile less than my buddies 2017 Ford Turbo V-6 with an aluminum body. Rams have one of the best rides with their rear coil spring suspension, but will probably rust out sooner.

Bought my wife's first Yukon that way. Had about 11k on the milage as a demonstrator. They cut a ton off the price and we got a smokin deal. The second one...not so much. Fully financed my 05 2500 Diesel- that was the rough one. Trying to buy a new house right now, but the wife's rig is going to need to be replaced. Need 4 or AWD and decent has milage as we're moving another 25 miles out of town.  Gonna be tough. 

5 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

..."And the roads will be safer instantly !™" Nothing is more dangerous than a 3 ton vehicle being driven by a distracted driver.

When I was training my brother for ranch duty, we were driving back from the ranch one afternoon and saw a station wagon with what appeared to be an entire milkshake glued to the side of the rear left quarter panel.

Pulling up next to the rear seat, two boy perfectly still and quiet with that "Oh shite!" look on their face.

Passing the front of the car, Mom had obviously blown her top and had enough, just starting to feel the guilt pangs of whatever screaming fit she'd had over the milkshake incident.

• 1 year later...

DAMN!!!   :laffs:

That car was my NEMESIS in the mid 80's to late '91 - when I lived in California...  Yes,for real, I lived in California...

I had a 1979 Mazda RX-7 that I did some work on.  I 3-rotored that thing.  It was a Mustang Killer.  I made money with that car.  Later, I picked up a 1987 RX-7, and used it to it's limits, too.  One of the only cars that ever smoked my a$s bad was an old 280Z, that was built.  I've been after one ever since, and came close once, but it just didn't happen...

Hey yall... Char is turning in her lease car.. I won't let her drive the vette.. Well it's not drivable without clutch work anyway... She refuses to drive my excursion.... Oh my what to do?.. Lol. So we go look at Hyundai sonata sports... Ive gotta come up with down money.. And she can afford bout a 300 month monthly.... Didnt test it Saturday .. But it will work... So I'm doing my deep diving on a car for me. Errrrr her I mean..her. And somehow land on a stinger forum. Shzaaaam... Now we are talkin.. So I'm thinkin if she puts 300 in the pot and I match it... And I'm going. To.have to come up with down money anyways...why don't we go nutz on a gt2 stinger twin turbo six with 8 speed trannie.... Go over to them Monday sick and all to test drive it and let her drive it.... So now it's raining she's got no clue about turbos or 365 hp... She is getting used to steering and seating and after a total of 4 mins behind the wheel not knowing there's twin turbos... She matts it and gives me and the salesman heart attacks... This is in the rain!  Stops the car at the light and is giggling like a teenager.... Go back to dealership an d then they started working me... I was getting sicker by the min.. Told the sales manager gotta go for i puke but I left with us bout 1k and window tint apart. They sent over sticker msrp sheet which they never produced and I asked twice.. So today got that plus the dealer work up sheet which no dealership wants have it leave their bldg. As it stands after looking at dealer worksheet they need to knock off another 1k and a window tint.heres where most of discount comes from is financing thru them and you get an additional 7600off which comes from factory with Ballon at end... Ive never done balloon they sa you go get a refi at cheaper rate in 60 days at credit union... Well crap I didn't believe the but its true called 2 places and oh yes done every day..... So tomorrow gotta go dig up some buried cans in the yard for the down money.... A sonata would work just fine.... But no nappa leather and quad exhaust..., . ?Wash

40525.jpeg

40531.jpeg

Trick I've heard lately....talk to their lease guy. Lease it and purchase it out after the first month or two. They get to depreciate differently and it's a huge tax savings to them. Winds up cheaper to you. I can get more details to ask about if you're interested. 

1 hour ago, DNP said:

wonder what they would give trade in on old red?

Oh man   I couldn't   Thanks for the help on the discount....heres what I got ..I can go thru Kia get a 7600 discount plus dealer discount and then rfinance in 60 days,,,I checked it out and is a valid deal...about like doing the lease cept taxes are higher...crap...I havnt had a car payment in many years.......so is it a good deal for me to pay 300 a month for this kkkkkia?   :banana:   WashII

4 hours ago, washguy said:

Oh man   I couldn't   Thanks for the help on the discount....heres what I got ..I can go thru Kia get a 7600 discount plus dealer discount and then rfinance in 60 days,,,I checked it out and is a valid deal...about like doing the lease cept taxes are higher...crap...I havnt had a car payment in many years.......so is it a good deal for me to pay 300 a month for this kkkkkia?   :banana:   WashII

Probably not, but it all comes down to how it makes you feel. Like a Corvette. Doesn’t make sense until you get on a nice quiet road and punch the hell out of it. Then it makes perfect sense.

That stinger is a bad beast. Depending on how some things work out for me ive been looking around at a fun car. Ive been an import guy since I could drive but damn if the big 3 arent putting out some nice stuff. Those 392 chargers (or even the scat pack) look bad ass. I like the look of new ponys as well and they arent slow. chevy SS looks pretty cool as well. 

15 hours ago, blue109 said:

That stinger is a bad beast. Depending on how some things work out for me ive been looking around at a fun car. Ive been an import guy since I could drive but damn if the big 3 arent putting out some nice stuff. Those 392 chargers (or even the scat pack) look bad ass. I like the look of new ponys as well and they arent slow. chevy SS looks pretty cool as well. 

Sun of a bitch    guess whats in the garage?   a friggin import lol a red gt2 just got it bout 2 hrs ago got 40 miles on her ...you think shes broke in, and ready for a down pipe, catback intercooler ,and a tune? What in the fuk did I just do?????...... I dunno if I was dreamin or nor but on the way home I put her in sport mode and nailed it just a bit and the mofo pulled like lil red without all the commotion and noise......shiiit they paid me to take it off their hands....right?   im gonna sleep in her      Wash

I just went out in the garage and there was a tear running down lil reds hood 

Edited by washguy

20 hours ago, blue109 said:

SS are nice sleepers but they are pricey. I’m about ready for a fun car. Looking at lightly used camaro 14/15 z28 and CTS-V’s. I need the back seat.