• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pictures of Cars !

MikedaddyH

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing interesting I have to share is my 98 Camaro, and it is just now entering the "ugly" stages of a complete body and interior makeover. So basically, I have nothing worth sharing ATM unless you wanna see some low profile wheels, mid-production carbon fiber stuff and chopped up fiberglass. I'm basically making it look like a blend of the Arrinera Venocara, Lamborghini Aventador 50th anniversary and McLaren P1, so the end result will be pretty nice. But right now it's all in pieces.

Well, here are a few pics, just what was on my phone.

Part of the door. The rough carbon fiber egg shaped thing on it is a cover for the instrument panel and obviously mid-development.
WP_000792.jpg

The instrument panel at a later stage. At the time of the photo it was wet with it's 1st or 2nd pigmented resin cote. It looks more stable now then when this picture was taken. The openings are also there now. If I hadn't misplaced it I would have installed it by now.

WP_000793.jpg

One of the wheels.

pwheel.jpg

The car with foam board guides. It's hard to explain what these are but sort of like guides/place holders for fiber glassing. I took the picture because even though they're not precision made, fine tuned or part of the structure, they at least give a good picture of where the project is heading.

WP_000809.jpg

The car came with a crappy race steering wheel that has a thing on top that blocks visibility of the gauges. So I ordered a race steering wheel with fake/painted on carbon fiber and synthetic leather. Then I replaced the fake stuff with the real thing. This picture was from early in that process, with the real carbon fiber installed but the synthetic body still on.
WP_000704.jpg

This one is from much later with real suede installed. There's more work to be done but this is pretty close. Mostly just fine tuning the carbon fiber and some suede additions. Later on I'll add some audio controls to the steering wheel as well along with a few little misc. features.

WP_000893.jpg

Edited by MaDuce

LOL. Sounds like aerodynamics hinder it at high speeds. I don't know why but my Camaro gets better gas mileage at high speeds. Yesterday I went from Sacramento to Placerville (around 30 miles) and it took me a little under or around a gallon to get there. When riding around town or on back roads I get about 25-28mpg.

• 2 weeks later...

My Toy...

20140315_114714_zpskag8nao9.jpg

2008 Mustang GT/CS

Supercharged, 4:10 gears, upgraded brakes, Steeda/Tokico suspension.

Scares women, children, and senior citizens alike. ;)

All I wanna know is......after a hard run...does it make the gals lift their skirt over their head?  happened to me twice...WTF

I was thinkin in my mind...but  it was enjoyable   :) Wash

this thread needs more rice. little shy of 400 at the wheels and pretty light. only took it to the drag strip once and did a 13.1 at 104 spinning tires all the down. she was a monster in the curves. not a single stock suspension arm. electronically adjustable coil overs. 2.0 engine with a GT3071 turbo, custom piping, 740cc injectors and programmed ECU. miss that car, but she was a headache.

post-12215-0-11490000-1415738533_thumb.j

post-12215-0-79341600-1415739563_thumb.j

Edited by blue109