• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looks like a non-secure holster -- or not?

gnatshooter

As far as permanently parking someone, if you don't make a T-Zone hit or a CNS hit, you cannot guarantee that they will go down and stay down. If you DO make one of those hits, they will not get up again, under their own power. Ever.

This is true and oh so difficult under pressure. One reason why I like .45acp, it reminds them how much it'll hurt if they can get back up!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm sounds familiar....

Btw, next time we visit the relatives in AZ, I want to check out what's in the works Jon, maybe something for me and the wife, or an advanced course if I can get away...

You got it brother!

We're putting together custom tailored "Training Days" now.  Force-on-force, stick fighting, knife fighting, simulator, live fire, personal armorer, evasion and kidnapping escape, etc.

Or we can just go roll around in the dirt at the range while issuing challenges and betting all day.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out, the holster works as well as members here recommended. I carried all day long, cutting, pulling, loading and hauling brush. Tree branches. Five trailer loads. Even though the holster has no backstrap, the pistol stayed in place the whole time. What's more, the guy I was working with said, at the end of the day, he had no idea I was carrying. And he's gun-conscious. So thank you Bullard for making one truly excellent holster. Also I was wearing a sloppy t-shirt, which is now fashionable.

Oh, and I should add, the holster is so comfortable that I forgot I was carrying whilst dragging tree branches and getting them on the trailer.

Hmm... is that a bug, or a feature? Supposedly, a guy should always be aware of that shooting power on his hip. What it is for me, I don't notice carrying a pistol. I notice not carrying a pistol, like I notice not having house keys and a wallet. The feeling of something is missing. Don't know if that is good or bad, by common standards.

Edited by gnatshooter

• 10 months later...

I started shooting a single action .22 LR Colt Frontier Scout wasn't a good shot for awhile, but practiced every afternoon after highschool. I shot 50 rounds every day tin cans fence posts rabbits. I got pretty good. Could hit a running rat half the time. This was the only handgun I owned until after college til boot camp, and as a MT driver and I wore the service 1911 45. I wasn't good until I started practicing every chance I got then I bought my own Colt Govt model thia allowed more practice. I figure you need to commit to a pistol or revolver. Then get one at least 40 cal. Or better, unless you are a sneaky assassin, or a rat exterminator.