• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need a better setup for handling paper targets

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

PVC doesn't last, because people shoot the shits out of the PVC.  They won't hit the target, but they can shoot the shits out of the PVC...  <dontknow>

Done this exact setup, with DNP, for an AZ shoot.  I think we have video proof...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I buy precut sections of 1" PVC and using elbows, create a framework... then use shower rings with clips attached threaded through the tubes to hold the paper. I bring spares of everything. Cheap, lightweight, & modular with easily replaceable parts. So far we haven't shot it up enough to run out of spares.

• 2 weeks later...

Been pretty prone to taking the left over wood or downfall I gather at work and gluing it up on friday and making some decent 2 foot by 4 foot by 4-8 inches thick planks. They have made good reactive targets when propped up with a 2x4. Use them for run and gun. Sucks setting them up afterwords.

Also used used AC freon tanks when I worked for a dealership in austin. Those where always fun, even the random compressor parts we found too!!

I use a combo of real estate for sale sign holders and politician signs .If I liked the candidate I'll spray paint the sign. But if I don't like him/her I shoot to kill the O,B and A, letters. I also use some stick on relector strips like go on the back of semi-trailers for the laser boresighters, just dont be lazy and shoot up your refelective strips!

On odd years I just use cardboard.

• 4 months later...

Build a couple of lightweight [easy to carry] uprights and string a wire between them like a clothesline.  Hang the targets on wires from the 'clothesline'...old wire hangers work nicely.  Unless your shots go really wide you aren't likely to hit the uprights, and the occasional busted wire is easy to replace.

• 4 months later...

Mine is like the Chicom soldier is holding except he is replaced with 2" PVC I formed into a base and short uprights.  The 2x1 wood frame simply sits into the 2" PVC short uprights.  I drilled a couple of holes in the base so I can spike it into the ground since the normal breeze in El Paso is 15 to 20 kts and gusty. This thing can be set up or broken down in a minute or two.  I will take a picture next time I am at the range.