• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remington 700 sps tactical

lmao_37

I thought about just changing the trigger but iam trying to keep my wife happy at the moment so I can stary saving to change the bottom metal and 10 round double stack magazine. In total the stock inletting and bottom metal will cost $311.00

The trigger will bring you instant happiness.  I appreciate DBM, but only for my work guns.  I have a personal 700 AAC-SD with a B&C A2 and have yet to get the muster the desire to have it inletted.  I know it is personal preference, but I can think of few upgrades that rival my Timney triggers in my bolt guns.  Plus....I am too cheap to load up on AI mags.  

Its getting the PTG bottom metal and Aics 10 round 223 magazines. I phoned a gun smiths in Albuquerque NM said they would inlet the stock and supply the bottom metal and 1 10 round magazine for $318 but iam sort of looking for someone closer who could inlet the stock without screwing it up.

The trigger will bring you instant happiness. I appreciate DBM, but only for my work guns. I have a personal 700 AAC-SD with a B&C A2 and have yet to get the muster the desire to have it inletted. I know it is personal preference, but I can think of few upgrades that rival my Timney triggers in my bolt guns. Plus....I am too cheap to load up on AI mags.

I have a Timmney trigger on my Mosin Nagent and I love it but I hate scraping my thumb on the scope mount base and there isn't alot of room when loading the rounds through the top. I lack patients to be honest and like the idea of loading 10 rounds in a magazine and enjoy

Edited by lmao_37

Plus....I am too cheap to load up on AI mags.  

Don't.  Save a little, but don't let the mags stop you, brother.  Search out the "factory Ruger GSR mags."  Made by Accurate Mag, shipping a 10-rd with every GSR that goes out - if the state allows that.  The 10-rounder is the one that is included with the rifle in most places.

http://accurate-mag.com/

http://accurate-mag.com/

From ShopRuger direct, they're on the web-store:

http://shopruger.com/308-Mag-10-Round-Magazine/productinfo/90353/

That's a good price, and you can find them cheaper when you search the Ruger part number (search "Ruger 90353").

<thumbsup>

What always happens when you post something in the internet?  You make your discovery, and THAT $HIT GOES OUT OF STOCK.  EVERYWHERE. 

Get 'em while you can, brother.  :happydrunks:

• 1 month later...

That's what I was afraid of, and why I didn't send mine back in.  Took me a day to pick the trigger, pick it up from Timney, and install it. 

I didn't know how long the factory would take, but I knew it was going to take them longer than I wanted.

• 4 months later...

Those are very, very scary-similar to the Ruger GSR poly mags, which I couldn't get to run in my 700.  The bolt won't pick up a round, every single time.  I am seeing some differences in the feedlips on the ones you posted, which isn't the same as the poly GSR mags.  I need to pick one of these up and compare it to the poly GSRs.  If they run, I'm in.  <thumbsup>

EDIT - the more I look at them, there's a significant difference in the feedlips on those MDT mags, over the poly GSR mags. 

AI mags allow a long OAL, I don't know offhand how long but I can measure when I get home.  They're $39 in stock at Midway right now.

My SPS Tactical looks very similar to yours, I've set the barrel back and rechambered to .223AI and threaded the barrel.  It's going to be getting a new barrel in a couple months.

IMG_2812.jpg

Edited by Red_SC

• 7 months later...

well crap, found out my rifle is one on the recall list... good news, I just ordered a Timney 517 from ArmsUnlimited for $115.00 and free shipping... I also expect I'll have some bottom metal and additional magazines ordered so when I tear it apart for the trigger installation I can do it all at one time... keep down the wear and tear on tools and fastening devices...