• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ZQI 7.62 @ wallyworld.

blue109

20 minutes ago, bubbas4570 said:

The ZQ1 I ran through my 308AR was flawless.  I really liked it, but for those who reload, it does have well crimped in primers....something to keep in mind for those who reload.....

And there hasn't been any seen in my local Wallyworld for a while either.....and now that I think about it, around 2 months.

The one store I was at today had 6-8 boxes of it

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

The ZQ1 I ran through my 308AR was flawless.  I really liked it, but for those who reload, it does have well crimped in primers....something to keep in mind for those who reload.....

Yes, used to that.  Lake City m80 brass comes that way; RCBS makes the cure: a swaging set that smooths everything out.

4 hours ago, CactusRos said:

Yes, used to that.  Lake City m80 brass comes that way; RCBS makes the cure: a swaging set that smooths everything out.

Just making sure anyone who does this understood that ZQ1 is made to nato specs.   There was a very interesting write up in an issue of Firearms News a while back, and their ammo manufacturing process is ahead of many in the US.

They claim NATO spec, they do not meet the standard needed to put the NATO cross on it or they would. I noticed a substantial change in accuracy/consistency with it a bit over a year ago. Some chrono info would be interesting, I've shot it right along side some NATO head stamped M80 and had a 5-6 inch change in POI at 100 yards, much more than I've seen between the official head stamped varieties I have.

Still good plinking ammo for the price though.

Edited by jtallen83

On March 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

I know nothing about the company,  but here is a place where it is for sale.

http://www.selwayarmory.com/zqi-7-62x51mm-nato-147-gr-m80-full-metal-jacket-case-of-640.html

Picked up a 35 # box of ammo from the gfs office!!! Montana is pretty close but damn thats quick!! 32 boxes in side ?

Id say selway is gtg thus far they have a free ammo give away also? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Big thanks doc!!

Edited by sketch
Doc with the hookup!

That's a little better, but I'm spoiled with free shipping from Sportsmans guide when they have it! Bought a case of m118 and a ammo can of m855 from them last week with no shipping charge and split the payment into 4!

Will still check wallyworld from time to time.

I have had really good luck with Selway, find that some of their really good prices makes up for no free shipping. Sportsman's guide tends to be a bit pricier to make up for free shipping, although I like them a lot. I have got some HSM 168gr BTHP molybendium coated 7.62 ammo from Selway a couple of years ago for just $16.99 / 20 that is still the most accurate factory load I have found.

Only buy from sportsman's when it is on sale and get free shipping and use coupons they send me. And get member price! Works out great for me, just picked up a Pelican 1750 with double discount and free shipping $175 delivered!

Edited by 82HALO