• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Remember this isn't the PNW, it is the GPNW. The Great Pacific North West. Don't want people thinkin we're somewhere near the old North West.

I'm thinking of joining over at the Tacoma Sportsmen range rather on Canyon Blvd. rather then the Paul Bunyan range over on S. Meridian. Anyone familiar with both and have an opinion?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m in the Idaho Panhandle (Bonners Ferry area) from May-Nov when not traveling to BPCR matches.   I leave for Oklahoma after Elk season.    

Also late to this game!   When I started casting and reloading for vintage guns I was lucky enough to find a good mentor.   Impossible to overstate what a help that was.    Hope to find another if I decide to build one of these.    Would still be valuable even were I to buy one outright.

Currently interested in what I read about AERO Precision.    Watched a video review  (mrgunsngear) where he said he had a parts list in the comments.    Danged if I can find how to access that “comments” section.    Also hope even there to avoid any “promotion-driven” recommendations but that requires more education on my part.    Only real time constraints would be making up my mind or buying parts before the next election cycle.    I’m 65 so perhaps a little jaded about who “Americans” are capable of voting into office.   Wouldn’t want to get in the tailwind of another Feinstein scare.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:52 AM, SgtDog0311 said:

Also late to this game!   When I started casting and reloading for vintage guns I was lucky enough to find a good mentor.   Impossible to overstate what a help that was.    Hope to find another if I decide to build one of these.    Would still be valuable even were I to buy one outright.

You came to the right place. I am a shooter, not a builder, but 98Z, Matt Cross, JT Allen, Wash Guy, DNP 396, and a whole bunch of the regulars are all skilled, experienced builders and will not steer you wrong. Wife has family in Sandpoint and Post Falls. She was born in Moscow.

57 minutes ago, Sisco said:

You came to the right place. I am a shooter, not a builder, but 98Z, Matt Cross, JT Allen, Wash Guy, DNP 396, and a whole bunch of the regulars are all skilled, experienced builders and will not steer you wrong. Wife has family in Sandpoint and Post Falls. She was born in Moscow.

I agree with this, I only lucked into buying a good 308AR from the start, and only had problems due to a ham fisted reloading mixup. The guys here are good for answering any and all questions about a 308AR or an AR10, and be ready to give as much information about your rifle as you can....Things will be made to work eventually.