• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

majordon

Members
  • Last visited

Profile Information

majordon's Achievements

Newbie (1/14)

1. Thanks. That's what I count on mine as well.
  2. Well, Juggernaut Tactical calls it FDE, but it's not like any FDE I've ever seen. I call it bronze or golden bronze, but it is pretty cool!
  3. Thanks to all of you for your input and insight. I think what I need to do now is make sure I have the correct length spring and send a few rounds down range. I am attaching some photos of the finished product.
  4. Hope this is what you were talking about. It may not be apparent from the photos, but the face of the bolt clears the bolt catch by about 1/8" to 3/16".
  5. Not sure about the configuration you are referring to. If you mean with the BCG locked back in the buffer tube, that is currently the problem. With the spring I am using, I am unable to lock the carrier back, either with mag installed or manually.
  6. Thanks for the input. I will take a look at those points. Still havevn't had a chance to check the bottoming out of the buffer. Might require trimming a coil from the spring.
  7. My spring has 29 coils. Haven't had a chance to test the bottoming out of the buffer yet.
  8. Thanks for everyone's input on this. It appears that I need a heavier buffer, but I am still a bit confused about the spring. Is 11 1/4 " or 11 1/2" the correct length? The spring I am using was purchased as a 308-specific spring, and is considerably stiffer than the springs I use in my Ar-15s, and is 11 1/2" long. Referring to an earlier post about checking the rear of the buffer tube to see if the buffer bottoms out: should the buffer bottom out?
  9. I am using a16" barrel with a mid-length gas tube. Would you recommend trimming a oil or two from the spring to get to 11 1/4"?
  10. With the buffer spring removed, the buffer was slipped into the buffer tube. With the bolt extended, the BCG was pushed into the tube until encountering the buffer. The bolt cleared the bolt catch with about 1/4" to spare. The empty buffer tube is exactly 7" deep from the inside of the base to the lip of the tube at the front. You mentioned the possible need for a heavier buffer. What would you recommend specifically?
  11. Doesn't lock back either way. Have changed the CMMG bolt catch for an Armalite catch. Still won't lock back. Had a lot of high hopes for this build. Have built three ar-15s in .223/5.56 and one in 300 BLK with no significant problems, other than finding the right loads for the 300 BLK.
  12. All these parts were purchased through Buckeye Tactical, with the Juggernaut lower being drop shipped from Juggernaut.