• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Introduction

Colfax Tactical

Hi All

I wanted to take a moment to thank Drew for his gracious welcome and for the accommodating section “80% LOWERS”. It is great to have a spot in a forum like this.  The ability to instantly exchange ideas, promote products, and receive feedback is invaluable.

Drew suggested I might add a bit about Colfax Tactical. Here goes:  We are a family run business located in the Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California.  We have been in operation as Colfax Tactical for over a year now.  Wow! What a learning curve!

We started with AR15, 80% lowers. So far-so good!  We are proud to offer a very high quality, AR15-80%’er.  Shortly after I wanted to explore the 308 design. I could not find a source for 308 (DPMS style) forgings.  I realized that there is probably a need for them.  We began design work on the 308 forgings last  May with our forging company and  received our first raw forgings a few weeks ago.

Our current goal is to complete the machining process to make these into 80%’ers.  That will not take long- It’s our number one priority.  We will announce the retail costs of the 80%’er and the fixtures as soon as possible.  We think there will be some very excited builders out there assuming we meet our retail goals.

In terms of Colfax Tactical, my wife Karen runs the business end of things and all order processing. In fact, she usually has me handcuffed to a CNC machine.  I feed the machine aluminum and she feeds me bologna sandwiches. She brings to our business a diverse background of business experience. Our 4 year old son is here to screw up my CNC programming. :) 

As for myself, I am a mechanical engineer, along with a background in physics.  I served in the US Army in 1970-1974 and flew medivac helicopter missions.  And yes, I am a dinosaur daddy!

We look forward to serving the 308 community.

Larry Myers

Colfax Tactical

http://www.colfaxtactical.com

sales@colfaxtactical.com

530-613-3994