• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Feed ramp Question

MinnMD66

Yeah I know, sorry, I was trying to link this thread to the other thread that is in regard to buffers hitting the buffer retaining pin, but it didn't work?

But my whole point on this thread was that I don't think that step you have on your rifle between the locking lugs/feed ramps and the inside face of the upper should be there, it's not helping your feeding issue and it could also cause the buffer to contact the retaining pin, I'm sure I don't need to say that the position of rear face of the locking lugs is what determines where the bolt group ends up when in battery, so if it shifted forward, lets say .040," then it'll let everything behind it shift forward .040".

Is the rear of your bolt group, when locked in battery, dead flush with the rear face of your upper?

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, 308kiwi said:

Yeah I know, sorry, I was trying to link this thread to the other thread that is in regard to buffers hitting the buffer retaining pin, but it didn't work?

But my whole point on this thread was that I don't think that step you have on your rifle between the locking lugs/feed ramps and the inside face of the upper should be there, it's not helping your feeding issue and it could also cause the buffer to contact the retaining pin, I'm sure I don't need to say that the position of rear face of the locking lugs is what determines where the bolt group ends up when in battery, so if it shifted forward, lets say .040," then it'll let everything behind it shift forward .040".

Is the rear of your bolt group, when locked in battery, dead flush with the rear face of your upper?

Cheers.

I'm glad you caught that because I didn't even link those two together.  The bolt appears to be flush with the back of the upper and it does seem to come in contract with the buffer face but I wouldn't say much. When I get home tonight,  I'll get some detailed pics.