• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My Stag 10 Build - Only two parts to go!

ColinGSeries

Hi guys!

I recently made a couple more purchases towards my Stag 10 build mentioned in my intro thread! As an update, here is what I have so far:

- Stag 10 Upper/Lower Receivers (BLEM) with standard Stag 10 UPK, LPK, Carbine Buffer, and Carbine Buffer Tube

- Toolcraft NiB BCG

-Ballistic Advantage 18" .308 Stainless Heavy Barrel with rifle length gas porting and a VG6 Gamma 762 Muzzle Brake (Nitrided)

- Aero Precision Atlas S-One 15" Handguard

- SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 Adjustable Gas Block (Black) with Odin Works Stainless Rifle Length Gas Tube

- Trybe Defense Ambi Charging Handle

- RighttoBear Ambi Safety Selector

- 3x Maggpul PMag 25rd w/ Window (for M110 rounds)

- I also have a headspacing gauge set on the way, along with a vise and upper receiver vise block for putting it all together

All I have left to source for my initial build is my shoulder stock and optic. And for these I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know of a place where I can find small parts for an M4 OEM stock, and maybe a rubber recoil pad? My friend who's a vet has a few and he'll give it to me for free but it's missing all the small parts that hold it on the buffer tube.

2. After looking at the cost of decent iron sights, I'm thinking of jumping straight to a low/no magnification, affordable dot optic with a large objective lens. The initial build is meant to be shot shorter distances (50-100yds) with maybe some deer hunting. I would prefer a reticle with some ballistics markings, and green illumination is a bonus. What does everyone recommend or advise?

3. In a similar vein, I have a Mosin Nagant build that I'm looking for 100+ yard range on for target shooting and hunting. This gun is meant to be shot off a bipod or shouldered, no illumination, ballistics markings, and adjustable magnification in the 3x+ range. Objective lens on the larger size but I'm limited to around 50mm, and honestly I don't even know what to do about eye relief, but my thought is I'll need a few inches. Again looking for advice or recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your help!