• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS - 308B - Optics Question

I am in the process of putting optics on a DPMS 308B and have a few questions:

1. I am considering the Nikon 6-18x40 Buckmaster rifle scope.  I read an article about brass hitting the side turret of the scope.  The article did not mention the make/model of the rifle.  Has anyone mounted this scope on a dpms 308b (without brass deflector)? Any issues with brass hitting scope?

2. I have the high rise upper.  Can someone make a recommendation for rings (brand/model/height?) I want to make sure that I have clear access to charging handle.

Thanks!

Hello, I have the exact same scope on my lr308. I have the standard height upper with high rings. I've never had an issue of brass hitting my scope, ever. My upper does have the brass deflector, but the rifle shoots the brass out the side, not up, so even without the deflector, I don't think it'd hit. I've never heard of anyone having an issue like this. The eyepiece of my scope hangs over my charging handle about an inch. I have no problem cycling a round. I wouldn't worry about anything, mount your scope with whatever rings suit your cheek weld, and enjoy your rifle. hope it helps. <thumbsup>