• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR-Restor Hydraulic Recoil For LAR-8 Varmint with A2 Stock

SendaPill

Hey Comrades,

My first post, so let me first thank all you service guys for serving.

God willing, I pick up my first AR from FFL in a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out what hydro buffer size to order.

Would anyone with a standard A2 stock on a LAR-8 pop it out and slap a micrometer on it for me? I called RR tech support and the gent said,"it might be 6 inches"... TWSS. <lmao>

Trouble is that buffertech.com has one 5 7/8" (EARR-FS) and one 5 1/4" (EARR-10FS).

Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for the quick reply imschur,

Funny, I was just looking at that site before. Then I read the reviews:

"Had great expectations as I am currently using one in my 16" RRA Predator Pursuit and love it. It works as advertised.

A word of caution on the .308 version. This unit will not fit the RRA LAR-8 Predator HP. The overall length is too long and will not allow the bolt to fully cycle. Following its purchase I have found out that the RRA .308 uses a different buffer tube which does not suit the use of the AR-Restor...much to my disappointment"

I think the guy meant that a similar buffer for his predator pursuit in 5.56 worked well, but not 308.