• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Failure to feed

Dabaer

Interesting - that feed ramp alignment issue possibility.  I had to do my own build unassisted, without so much as an enumeration of parts from the supplier.  I don't have a torque rod, nor even a workbench to put a vice on to put one on, and since I don't care about a little bit of cosmetic damage, I installed my barrel using a 1-3/8" combination wrench on the barrel nut and vicegrips on the barrel, to about 45 ft-lb (about 65lb at the end of the 9-inch vice grips with the barrel center about an inch from the end).  I know that's not super-precise but since with other barrel nuts you have to choose the best hole for the gas tube within a torque range, that seemed best.  No torque applied to the receiver except by the threads.  But - now I question that.  Is this misalignment significant?It looks like I'm nearly 2 degrees out.

I'm chasing down what I hope are the final issues on this build.  In this case, I've finally got it cycling far enough to catch on empty magazine but now it leaves the empty cartridge in the chamber (It didn't used to do that when it was stovepiping)..

2020-06-19-124327.jpg