• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New from AZ, new LR-10 Build!

Cnturion2k

On 5/5/2024 at 2:51 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

Great write up on your upper build.  Did the 0.096 fix the cycling issue?

Will find out tomorrow morning. I work overnights, weekends off. Haven't had a chance to get to the Range yet. Will Post back with results. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 2:51 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

Great write up on your upper build.  Did the 0.096 fix the cycling issue?

Hey Eye Doc,

Yes, I finally got out yesterday to try the Gas Port size increase. It worked flawlessly. Locked back on an empty Magazine, and successfully fed rounds from the Magazine until empty. I'm using the 10 Round PMags that are meant for the .308 and 6.5 Creed. No mods necessary, but I've only loaded five rounds so far. Everything I read says anything more than 5 rounds will begin causing failures to feed. I'm going to play with it of course. There are several Companies who have had modified Magazines, where it appears they cut down the follower, and put something in the leading edge of the Mag to limit forward travel of the rounds. Also, possibly added something to the sides to limit the rounds moving side to side. One company in Phoenix is still advertising the Magazines, but they are basically in limbo right now due to some legal issues over some polymer frame design issues for their 5.56 and LR-10 size Rifles. Some woke assed company he helped in the past shut down, and didnt produce the Rifles they were going to produce, but when they shut the doors, one of their employees went to work for this company, and then the woke company wanted to sue. This is related to Young Manufacturing as well, which is why their website is still there, along with the other company, but neither answers phones or appears to be selling anything. 

Anyway, yes, the interpolated Data from the three Threads in here worked flawlessly. Now, we'll see how this Bear Creek Barrel works out with some reloaded Ammo. The 55 Grain BTSP S&B Ammo won't do any better than about 3 to 4 MOA in that 1:14 twist Barrel. I've bought some components to begin putting together some 50, 52, and 53 Grain stuff which should do much better in the long run. 

25 minutes ago, Cnturion2k said:

Hey Eye Doc,

Yes, I finally got out yesterday to try the Gas Port size increase. It worked flawlessly. Locked back on an empty Magazine, and successfully fed rounds from the Magazine until empty. I'm using the 10 Round PMags that are meant for the .308 and 6.5 Creed. No mods necessary, but I've only loaded five rounds so far. Everything I read says anything more than 5 rounds will begin causing failures to feed. I'm going to play with it of course. There are several Companies who have had modified Magazines, where it appears they cut down the follower, and put something in the leading edge of the Mag to limit forward travel of the rounds. Also, possibly added something to the sides to limit the rounds moving side to side. One company in Phoenix is still advertising the Magazines, but they are basically in limbo right now due to some legal issues over some polymer frame design issues for their 5.56 and LR-10 size Rifles. Some woke assed company he helped in the past shut down, and didnt produce the Rifles they were going to produce, but when they shut the doors, one of their employees went to work for this company, and then the woke company wanted to sue. This is related to Young Manufacturing as well, which is why their website is still there, along with the other company, but neither answers phones or appears to be selling anything. 

Anyway, yes, the interpolated Data from the three Threads in here worked flawlessly. Now, we'll see how this Bear Creek Barrel works out with some reloaded Ammo. The 55 Grain BTSP S&B Ammo won't do any better than about 3 to 4 MOA in that 1:14 twist Barrel. I've bought some components to begin putting together some 50, 52, and 53 Grain stuff which should do much better in the long run. 

Awesome that you got it running well.