Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armed Eye Doc

Specialist
  • Posts

    7,028
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Armed Eye Doc

  1. A little more rain this morning and we ended up with 5.5" for the weekend. This is my formerly empty stock tank.
  2. Thanks for the reminder. Watching the movie now.
  3. This is where we ended up today.
  4. We are now up to 3.8 inches today. It has had this effect on our tank.
  5. We are finally getting some of the rain we've been for casted. We've almost had an inch so far today.
  6. And no, not for a cat to come through the door!😡
  7. Isn't that a sexy defensive weapon waiting for a reason?
  8. You can't go wrong with the Traveling Mumbleberries.
  9. You are giving some excellent information on a large frame receiver that will be useful for some unknown lurker in the future. You are what this forum is about.
  10. Not with a half inch of rain.
  11. I know have talked about making this in the past. This is temperature stable. https://clearballistics.com/shop/10-gel-fbi-block/
  12. This is Diamondback pin information Pivot pin diameter...0.264 With a $2000 dust cover in the picture. @JBMatt 🤑 Takedown pin diameter...0.277 Receiver width at pivot pin... 1.327 Receiver width at takedown pin...1.144
  13. Diamondback has a cut pin like that. I need to measure them again, but I think the pivot pin is a smaller diameter.
  14. Nice setup.
  15. It will be a couple of weeks, but I may be able to see if a Ruger will work with a Diamondback. I'll have to ask my brother to bring his wife's Ruger.
  16. Here is an AR10B LPK https://everygunpart.com/armalite-ar-10-b-lower-parts-kit-minus-trigger-and-grip-10lrpk-armalite-parts/ And the AR10A LPK https://everygunpart.com/armalite-ar10-a-lower-parts-kit-no-trigger-grip-a10lrpk-armalite-parts/ I don't know the difference between them or if the pins you are wanting will fit your Ruger, but they are available. Everygunpart.com is a good company to buy from. That is who Armalite farmed out their parts retail to. That Ruger is definitely an Armalite cut lower.
  17. I purposely did not put this in the Class 3 section since I did not go through that process.
  18. Gunshow. Sorry, wrong Ron. I did go to a gun show in Fort Worth today with one thing in mind. I decided to proceed with a new purchase in my quest to be civilized. I bought it so that I could use it on a new build that I have not even test fired. I got a couple of adapters for alternate calibers and thread patterns. I used our newly-restored right to purchase it with a GOA membership, 4473, Texas LTC and cash. I was done in about 20 minutes. There's no NICS check with a Texas LTC. I have not tested it yet, so I can't tell you how well it works.
  19. Nice shootin'
  20. I thought that was the motto of this forum.
  21. I guess I should have looked at the picture in the prior post.
  22. Disassembly comes first. (No disassemble!) And, yes I know the tree was leaning towards me. I was stupid but still won.
  23. The VG6 is what I have on my 308 build with a 20" Shilen barrel. It shoots sub MOA. If your rifle shoots better without the muzzle device, I would definitely replace it first. It sounds like you have verified many of the more common issues. Are you using factory ammo or reloads?
  24. FYI, Diamondback is Armalite pattern and will not work for you.
  25. That's good information for the next guy looking to do the same. I saw those lowers. I was tempted but I have a couple of Diamondback large frame receiver sets for future projects.
×
×
  • Create New...