• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Eye-Fi Pro X2 8 GB Class 6 SDHC Wireless "N" Flash Memory Card

imschur

I bought this at Amazon.com it's pretty stinking sweet. It  sends the images from the SDHC card with the "N" wifi standard to my pc. It has several different settings on the manner that it sends the pictures and how many it stores on the card. Additionally it will upload directly to some of the popular image and community sites.

I was walking about the yard taking pictures and when I came in they were sitting in a folder. Speed, with this router its taking about 7-10 seconds per 6 megabyte picture.

I have a new router coming and Im curious if the speed will increase.

Side note. My first unit was dead out of the box on a Thursday evening. Friday the company shipped a replacement next day for a Saturday delivery. They also responded quickly to my emails.

Im pleased as punch

• 3 weeks later...

This thing is freaking awesome. I bought a new router and there was a speed gain. The 12 megabyte Raw  images take about 8 seconds to make the transition to my pc. It's so nice not being tethered to the pc are playing musical memory cards to verify results.

I need to take it out and find some public wifi and see how well that works

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I upgraded my router to N a few months back.  When I bring home my work laptop I just use a $20 Buffalo Tech USB N card.  My bandwidth usually averages about 65 meg.  For best performance you should set your router to run only N if you can.  No wireless is truly full duplex like a fast ethernet network card, but N emulates it pretty well.