• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New adult toy

MaDuce

A deal I couldn't refuse fell in to my lap, so I got my early 20s dream gun; totally unexpectedly. Kinda funny how you can spend a long time trying to save up for something and then all of a sudden, it just falls in to your hands.

Anyway a friend of mine educated me about a handgun cartridge called .460 Rowland which basically gives a modern .45 the power of a .44 Magnum without loosing the more common and affordable .45ACP (just like .357 Magnum with .38 Special. I managed to reach Johnny Rowland, the man who invented the cartridge to see if I could get this gun converted. He told me that he use to do conversions on this gun but his barrel source went out of business and if I could find a good extended barrel, he'd be glad to.

Mr. Robobot hooked me up with a source for extended barrels and I informed John. So now it's just a matter of $ which sounds like around $300 to have it converted to .460 Rowland. Unfortunately, I am not going to have that to spare until at least mid summer. Still, it's an exciting purchase. I fired it a couple times in my bullet trap. Shoots very smooth.

usp1.jpg

usp2.jpg