• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This is what "innovation" for firearms is now a days...

Guest LLArms

Guest LLArms

Yea its a bit personal and it hurts when I get some heat for my, lack of a better description, 'unique' project and it gets boos and snickers.

Here is you average run of the mill announcement when it comes to a new product,

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/04/24/american-tactical-imports-head-down-hd-f-ar-stock/

American Tactical Imports / Head Down HD-F AR stock

American Tactical Imports are distributing the new Head Down HD-F AR stock. I like the design of the curvy cheek rest combined with an angular lower. The stock is clearly inspired by other popular AR-15 stock but lack features such as storage compartments' date=' no doubt to avoid patent issues. It will be available in black or flat dark earth with an MSRP of $109.

[img']http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/v_7_revb_p_4-tfb.jpg

Lets not forget the other thread where I shared a companies new "innovation" of an factory A2 stock with a mono-pod built in for $889.00

Maybe I should just take my project and use cheap plastic, slap some zombie stickers on it and sell it to TAPCO.  They could sell it for $3,000 and if I got 20% royalties I'd be happy.

/rant

Scuse' me while I go cry in the fetal position.

I'm an inventor myself and have several firearm inventions on the table. I also associate with other inventors.

I've found the exact opposite to be true. The real problem is that there's an ever lasting war over rights to different designs and attempts to make small changes to get around property rights, using the courts to get around them etc. Then; with very few exceptions, the only people able to come out with anything new are those with allot of money to fight with other companies but no creative skill.

Something cool someone came up with to make a little extra $ has nothing on an invention a dreamer poured his blood, sweat and tears in to. I've seen some pretty wild new inventions that are just being sat on because of the above problems.

In firearms for instance, I invented a pistol sight that allows your 9mm handgun to hit accurately at 10 meters and up to 150 yards without adjusting the sights as well as a non-electric stock that automatically seals up your gun (kinda like the bat mobile in the first batman movie) when you're not using it.

I know people who have just as and even more wild inventions for different subjects that they, like myself, are just sitting on.

There's reason to suggest that there's enough private innovation out there being kept secret due to the legal corruption to convert us in to a class 1 civilization in the next 10 years.

Funny thing is, from a sheer moral point of view, rights to innovation is very debatable. Patent and copyright protection wasn't established to protect moral property rights. It was established to encourage innovation. When you abuse these legal protections, you discourage progress and hold society back.

Corruption is holding civilization back.