• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

REAL medieval knights

MaDuce

Thought some of you would enjoy this.

Most historical documentaries kinda get on my nerves because they are... well, so full of beans to put it lightly. But, once in a while someone actually comes out with something that's pretty true and accurate.

When it comes to series, this one is Numero Uno for what I have been able to find on the subject of medieval society. Although he sometimes fails to mention a thing or 2 that I think people should hear, I don't think I've ever found a single flaw in the entire series. He's also pretty good about putting things in to perspective about giving a "real world" sense of what the evidence might add up to.

Anyway, each episode in this series covers a different trade of medieval society. It's kinda similar to my own upcoming series in that it revolves around more or less proving that medieval stereotypes were often and even usually the reverse of what we today think. The episode about peasants got nominated for some award, though I myself was most impressed by the one about medieval scientists (proving that they weren't stupid.

This one is about medieval knights. It's  got some good insight in to who medieval knights really were, what they did and how their world worked.

And some icing on the cake, the host was one of the Monty Python guys. Needless to say, it's made with a sense of humor.

This video was uploaded to youtube by the copyright holder.

BTW. The battle of Crecy mentioned in the video was the battle that introduced powder guns as a valuable tool of war. In other words, it was the moment the age of cannon fire began.

Very interested in this stuff but I will have to wait til I go to town and watch it there on my phone. One of the downsides of living in the sticks is the internet blows. We have satellite, which is light years better than dial up, but they throttle you back for watching too much video.

I was talking to a phone co. lineman the other day and asked him when DSL was coming my way. He just chuckled. "Not soon. They are not in a spending mood these days and that whole stretch of line would have to be replaced... ::)