• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LPK's for a DPMS lower

USMCbassman

I know certain brands are authorized to be talked about on the forum and I don't know what they; however, if I over step my bounds I assume my thread will be edited and that's okay. 

With that said, the most two common LPK's I come across for a DPMS 308 lower is the DPMS kit and CMMG. 

I seen a thread where it said to say away from CMMG and havne't heard a lot on the DPMS ones. 

Is there another one I should be looking or do they all seem to have quality parts in them?  I've read that certain AR-15 equivalent LPK's will work in a 308 with the exception of a few parts; anyone have a list of those parts?  Or should I seek out a 308 specific LPK? 

I'm going to buy a LPK, but won't be using all the parts out of it; I will be not be using the trigger group, grip, safety selector or mag release (mine has the lovely BB).  I don't mind having spare parts lay around for a future build or just in case. 

Thanks all and I understand this is more than likely a rhetorical thread and been asked a 1k times.  If you have links I'm willing to read, I did search and not a lot came up. 

Thanks <thumbsup>

I put a 2 stage CMMG LPK in my lower, which was a CMMG.  I hadnt read anything that specifically said not to use a CMMG 308 LPK.  In fact, I believe I had read the reverse somewhere about not using DPMS.  I say this because I had the DPMS 308 LPK sitting in my closet until yesterday when I sold it on "BEEP" for almost twice what I paid for it.

In my short time on this and other forums, I have come to the conclusion that most major parts companies like DPMS or CMMG put out a good product, it just boils down to personal preference and preception on quality and performance.  Also, if there was a problem, most of these companies have fixed what is wrong by the time you hear about it.

Just my 2 cents.  I am probably wrong, atleast my ex wife would say so.  :cookoo:  (yes, I like this emoticon)