• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"Israeli" Duffle Bag

Ordered one of these from Army Navy Superstores.  

The bag is well built, rubber covered canvas bottom, horizontal in its orientation, with a full-length zippered top running between the two generous handles.  It is about 2/3s longer than what I'm currently using for "range bags".  It also has 3 zippered side pockets on one side.

The the zippered side pocked are pretty thin.  On the ends there are also some more voluminous expanding pockets that are topped with a velcro flap-top.

Pretty happy...until initial pocket inspection.

On either end side pocket (i.e., not the one in the middle) grasping the zipper pull tab between index finger and thumb and applying enough torque to pull a small nylon zipper, resulted in the zipper tab shattering (a better description than snapping) into multiple pieces between my two digits.  After the first one shattered, I was even more surprised when the second tab shattered even easier, being even thinner than the first.

Overall that's a really small complaint for a bag that appears to be well built.

For $32 it is twice as big as what shooters' suppliers are selling as "range bags" for $70 (the kind that hold a couple of headsets, safety glasses, a couple of boxes of ammo, and two bagged/holstered pistols).  It has a good generic olive drab color with the black bottom (all black was the only other option).

For me this will hold regularly four pistols, multiple sets of safety gear and classroom tools, instructor manuals and student kits for class days, six to eight pistols (or three rifles), ammunition and targets, and safety gear for range days.

The bags I've been using were free "overnight sports bags"...one from opening a bank account about 11 years ago, one as a team-building perk at my wife's former job.

We'll see if this duffle bag can hold up.

Jon

post-12390-0-37758100-1364820970_thumb.j