• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How to add scope to lr 308 ap4 with eotech holo sight and magnifier in place

I am new to AR platforms and thoroughly enjoying the AP4 with 16" barrel and quadrail. I have a 4x magnifier and an Eotech holosight in place.  My question is could i mount  a mildot scope to some type of quick detatch base so that the new scope could fit between the magnifier and the Eotech, there is about 4" between the two on the Picatinnny rail.  The goal is to use the Eotech with magnifier and easily drop the traditional scope between the two  for longer range shooting, 600-800 yds, without having to remove the Eotech which is abotu 3" max heigth above the Picatinny rail. i am new to this so forgive me if it sounds completely crazy. The goal is to leave the Eotech on , have enough elevation from the scope to clear and securely atttach and detatch the scope as needed without rezeroing either the scope or the Eotech.

Thanks to all you guys that pass along your knowledge and experiences to the rest of us.  Jim

Welcome to the forum!  Thats alot of stuff to put on top of the rifle.  But, if you have a tipping mount for the magnifier and was able to line up the Eotech with the scope, it should work?  There is a new leupold coming out that is 1-8 power that would work for  close and long range. But if you need more magnification, I guess you could set it up like you are thinking.  Try something out and put up some pics and let us know how it works out. Good Luck!!