• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Extended sight radius for 308ar.

george_995

For S&G's I am wanting to mount iron sights on my mega maten build. I would like to eventually get a lipski adjustable barrel clamp with lyman hood, but too much money for the moment. I already have a LMT detachable rear sight and a troy ind hk style front sight. I plan on mounting the front site behind my sjc titan MB on a (precision reflex ind) PRI gas block w/ single picatinny rail for ar10 dimensions. PRI states, that this GB has a 2 1/2" rail that is the same plane as the armalite receiver. I was told by Mega per email that the plane is the same for both the mega receiver and armalite ar10 receiver. If I am not mistaken isn't the mega maten the dpms high profile? Or are the two profiles the same height(dpms and ar10)? In the responding email they just gave me a quick response with no measurement quotes. LMK thanks.

link for pri

http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186676&CAT=4822

email to mega 

Message Body:
I have a build that I am wanting to complete with iron sights. My plan is to have the extended sight radius with the front sight being placed behind my muzzle break. I am wanting to use the pri picatinny style gas block that is matched to the ar10 rail height of 2 1/2". I looked at the compatibility list located on Mega's site, the list stated " The MATEN shares a common rail height with the SR25, DPMS High and the Armalite AR10. ", I just wanted to be sure before ordering my part from midwayusa. Please lmk thank you.

Their response

Correct, DPMS High!

???