• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A couple questions.

Well after trying to build the rifle I wanted off the dpms site and order it lol then looking all over the 3 closest towns in Montana to me I finally purchased the closest rifle to what I had been looking for. I ended up with the LR-308 20" barrel. Not fluted unfortunately, standard A2 style stock, Flat top receiver with brass deflector and forward assist and dust cover, and Standard A2 front post sight/gas block. Overall I am pretty happy with it. I think I over payed a bit at 1600 but its what they are going for here and I wanted it now so I can start looking for the other options and have it ready for spring Bear season. Dont have any pictures of it yet but here are my questions. I would like to put the 6 point adjustable stock on it so that my son was able to take it and shoot it also. He is 11 and loves to shoot the AR 15 so I know this one will be on his list of toys to play with also. When reading the manual it said the AR15 adj stocks would fit but need a different buffer and spring. Will the buffer and spring out of my standard stock work in the adj. one? Or is it different? Also I want to mount a scope on this. The point of getting the flat top receiver was to keep the scope lower than mounting it on top of the carry handle. Will the front sight post interfear with the scope sight picture? Or is it close enough to the scope that you wont see it? I dont know the physics involved but I think I have heard that before. Also I have read on hear about triggers is there any concensus on what rigger to go with? This one has to go.

Perfect info. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch. I think I will just buy the scope I wanted and then decide how its going to go from there if I can raise it with rings or if it needs the riser. Looks like I need to order the whole stock assembly also. Was hoping I could just go buy the one off the shelf for the AR-15. But nothing is coming off the shelf for these rifles lol. On a different note I saw a link to the tactical .22 site in your signature. I purchased a Ruger SR22 with my LR 308. They look so pretty next to each other lol. Thanks again. Will post picts when I get a chance.