• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My Sig 716 3 gun

HansRey

Picked this rifle up about a month ago from a dealer in Fort Collins. Choose it iover going with either of the used Armalites they had and the POF. I was looking for a 20" barrel but the only 20" they had was a used armalite using Armalite pattern magazines. The POF was next next in line but did'nt want the 16" barrel. Well we talked about it for 2-3 hours and got a lot input from some of the other people there and they all said that the 18" would work for what I paln on using it for.

Also enjoying the 2 stage Geissele trigger that was factory installed on it.

Slowly getting it set up the way I like. Plan to have to have it done after the holiday sesaon passes.

Looking at swapping out the stock and buffer to a rifle lenght buffer and MagPul PRS stock.

Optics I was looking at was a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 EBR Mrad. Not sure if I want FFP or SFP yet.

Also if anyone knows of a Exended bolt release that works on the sig 716 platform that would be awesome.

If any one has any input on Ideas please. Don't hold them back I'm all ears.

post-15371-0-06251500-1417376136_thumb.j

post-15371-0-11544700-1417376138_thumb.j

post-15371-0-06219200-1417376140_thumb.j

-Hans

Don't take the bench next to me unless you want hot .308 brass with you gear. (Picks up brass and throws it in the air yelling "It's Raining Hot Brass Everywhere" Then returning to shooting as if it wasn't you.)

Thanks Again! And so far I can't complain. IThe only issue I have had with it was my Dumb ass Fault. I carried it to the range for the first time with a collapsed stock, inserted the mag and pulled the trigger. Needless to say after hitting my nose on the back of the charging handle I realized that I left the stock still in the collapsed postition. After that I have never had an issue with this one. I'll add some more photos later on and get some range footage next time I head out! :)) :auto:

-Hans

Don't take the bench next to me unless you want hot .308 brass with you gear. (Picks up brass and throws it in the air yelling "It's Raining Hot Brass Everywhere" Then returning to shooting as if it wasn't you.)