• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Built lr-308 for sale

waterman7474

I am 75% sure I want to sell this.  Don't get me wrong, I really like it and I was super jazzed to build (thanks to a little help from you guys here) it but I think it is just a little to impractical for what I need.  To be honest, it is just to big and heavy for toting around.  I knew that going into it but I didn't think it was going to be quite this awdward.  Anyway, here is what you are looking at.

lr-308 high top reciever (few small blemishes in the rails that disappear with the scope and a few around the egection port, i can provide better pictures as needed)
lr-308 lower with dpms parts kit and panther pistol grip with palm well
dpms 18in heavy barrel (no cutout) (in the neighborhood of 250 rounds, less than 300 for sure)

Fulton chrome/staked carrier and pin

JP bolt

GRG free float quad rail

Magpul fixed stock

4 magpul mags (3 still in bags)

negotiable (might keep for the next rifle but have stock replacements for both)
pws fsc30 muzzle brake. 

kns pins. 

scope NOT included.

Shoots pretty darn well.  I had Brentwood gunsmithing in here in vegas tune it for me when it was finished.  Seems to shoot the 168gn .  Shot it this weekend out to 400yds and was ringing a 8in plate all day with a 10x scope in a 10-15 mph variable wind and cheaper russian colt ammo (only Colt zinc plated, never steel/laqured) . 

Ran match ammo in the first 60 rounds but had all different weights trying to figure out what worked and once the 168s worked, i got a deal on a larger amount of the Colts and have run them as the rest to break it in.  Rarely will FTE and then double feed, did it this weekend but I think it was A) cheap ammo and B) dry as when i shot it with touch of little clp, it stopped.

I'm pretty sure with match ammo and a better trigger (and a more experienced shooter), it would really perform.

3 pics of rifle.  One out in the field.  One from this weekend at 380 yards and the steel when I picked it up after it got last shot knocked it over.

I don't really have a price as I am trying to figure out what it will bring.  If it is reasonable, I'll do it.  I think somewhere north of 1k is reasonable. 

Make me an offer.

(btw, I am most likely going to then purchase a Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle MKII to replace it so if you have one and would consider a trade, lets definitely talk)

IMG_20130622_162612_216_zps9881639d.jpg

IMG_20130622_162600_260_zpscb1d6cbb.jpg

IMG_20130622_162512_352_zps9afa8ba8.jpg

IMG_20150228_084323235_HDR_zpsn1uknkg6.j