• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My first idpa match

Cali_Ed

First things first I want to say it was really fun and after the 8th stage I was left wanting more. Overall in ssp I placed 33 out of 56 shooters. In my UN class I placed 8th out of 25 shooters.

It sucks being stacked against the best shooters even though having them in your squad is so Benificial to a new competitor like my self. You can see how their mind works and ask questions.

On a couple stages I got caught up with trying to go fast and I paid the price. On the others I slowed down and did great. It's so easy to miss fast lol. Defiantly know what I need to work on for the next match.

4 of these stages were heavy on weak hand. I also noticed none of the really good shooters were using factory ammo all light loads.

IMG_20150607_191741_zpso6aqk2zt.jpg

Edited by Cali_Ed

Haha thanks I have a ways to go but I see my self at least top 20 in my next match or two I made some dumb mistakes. On the second to last stage in the blazing heat my brain went blank on the buzzer lol. Really blew that stage haha.

I'm very happy that at least on one stage I cleared it with no points down or penalties. Felt awesome