• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

McGowen X39 AR Barrels

TenRingKing

Just wanted to pass along my story dealing with these guys on my latest X39 build. The barrel is 20 inch, CM, Target profile, 308 bore, rifle gas and 1-12 twist. Fist time out had some extracting issues, not enough gas, hole needed to be enlarged. Sent the upper back to them with my reloads to get things working.  Got it back and it was off to the range. Sub MOA first group out of this thing it was like this all day. Just plane crazy accurate. Could not be happier with the barrel and the pro service from McGowen. They offer X39 barrels in .308,310 and 311. Two differant twists,1-10 and 1-12. Have it your way.  Thank you McGowen!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

HoHoHo, looks like Santa is working up my gift as we speak. Ordered a 11.5" Stainless Steel, 1-12, .308 Dia to compare to my YHM 11.5" which have been loading and shooting for some time. The YHM has been impressive, but I realy believe the 1-12 twist will take this set up to a new level. Match grade custom Stainless Steel, to your exact specs, for $260.00 to your door. Pretty good deal in my book for custom barrel. All I can say if you reload x39 for AR rifles, consider a McGowen Barrel and make something special. Merry Christmas to All

• 4 months later...

Santa was down here in Phoenix for the Final 4 and dropped off my X-mass barrel. :banana:  A thing of beauty. The Assembly begins. Pull out my OAL gage to check it against my other 308x39. from McGowen. Have to say, I was blowen away. .0005! difference between the two, for all practical purposes identical !  WOW That is consistent. That is what quality is all about! Got all the rest of the goddies on her and was off to the range. First 150 rounds, outstanding! Again big THANKS to McGowen on delivering a true Match Quality chamber for the 7.62/308x39. Well worth the wait