• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MA-Ten upper

shepheard

I'm real new to the  Ar 308. I puchased a Ma-Ten set and ordered a barrel already. I know Ar 15's have m4 feed ramps that hould be matched in the extention and reciever. What about it's 30 cal brother? My barrel maker i going to supply me with a DPMS extention.  Another question, any hand guard will seem to work but only a few share the common rail height? Thanks for any advice and help.....

The MA-ten can accept DPMS and AR10 parts. Once you decide which direction you want to go, you have to stick with that. No mixing parts. If you get a DPMS compatible barrel, you need a DPMS compatible extention and bolt carrier group.

The greatest trick Colt ever pulled, was convincing the world the M4 feed ramps were a needed modification. Luckily they came into the 308 trade too late in the game to spread this myth. (My personal opinion)

As for HG's. I think Mega uses DPMS threads. Probably 99% of the DPMS compatible HG's will work. The weird ones will say in their description something like "for the post 2009 DPMS receiver height".