• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from Atlanta

silviacrazed

welcome to the forum. Perhaps you'd care to give us some info on your 6.8? What upper/lower, BCG, how do you like the performance of the cartridge? We always like pictures around here!!!!!!

She's not quite done yet. She will probably be finished next month. Here's the list of parts though.

Noveske Lower

Vltor MUR-1A upper

Magpul UBR Stock

BCM Gunfighter Medium Latch Charging Handle

Young MFG National Match Bolt Carrier, Firing Pin, Cam Pin and Retaining Pin.

ARP 6.8 Super Bolt.

Timney 4lb Trigger.

DPMS LPK

Ergo Deluxe Tactical Grip

KNS Anti-Rotation Pins

Demon Tactical Quick Take-down Pin

BHW 12.5" 3 groove barrel

Vltor Low Profile Gas Block

Battlecomp BABC

Daniel Defense 12" Omega X Rail

Troy folding M4 front, DOA folding rear.

Sprinco Buffer Spring

Spikes ST-T2 buffer.

I think that's everything lol I went with 6.8 because of the ballistics out of a short barrel. I will probably top it off with an EOTech EXPS 3-0. I'll put up pics when she is done:)

That sounds like the ingredients for an awesome SBR. I really like the Vltor uppers, and the DD rails are also one of my favorites, I think their locking system with the uninterrupted top rail is hard to beat. I can't wait to see the pics and read the range report.

I forgot to ask you, did you buy the Demon takedown pin recently? I've been trying to buy one of them for a while now and all I get is that they're out of stock, and no one answers my emails as to when they expect more in.

I actually ordered it through the DPMS site when I ordered my LPK. It was out of stock then and I think I prob waited 1-2 months before the pin was shipped to me from DPMS. Takes a bit, but its a nice piece.

• 3 weeks later...

Boys, meet Isis.....

5822396836_0bca6ec2c4_b.jpg

DSC_6657

[img width=810 height=538]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5101/5821833361_db320fe1f0_b.jpg

DSC_6658

5822398832_82b03b57dd_b.jpg

DSC_6661

[img width=810 height=495]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5036/5822399646_b69cd2f699_b.jpg

DSC_6662

[img width=810 height=523]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5107/5822400494_3cfeee18e0_b.jpg

DSC_6664

[img width=810 height=526]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2687/5822400808_bb6db2bf8c_b.jpg

DSC_6671

5821837123_b3977e27fe_b.jpg

DSC_6677

Specs:

Noveske N4 Lower

Vltor MUR-1A Upper

Timney 4lb Trigger

Black Hole Weaponry 12.5in 6.8 SPC Spec II

BattleComp BABC

Daniel Defense Omega X 12.0 Rail

Sprinco "Blue" Buffer Spring

Spikes ST-T2 Buffer

KNS Anti-Rotation Pins

DPMS LPK

Young MFG Bolt Carrier, Firing Pin and Cam Pin

ARP 6.8 Superbolt

Troy DOA folding rear sight

Troy M4 folding front sight

BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle

Demon Tactical Quick Rear Takedown Pin

Magpul UBR Stock

Ergo Deluxe Tactical Grip

Impressive gun man, good luck with it. Can you tell me how you like the 6.8 SPC? What mags have you used? How many rds do they hold?  How does it run?  Any chrono or perfomance data?  I see you've got risers under the BUIS, is that to cowitness an optic?  Oh, and I almost forgot, I gotta get me one of those Demon Tac pins.

I like the 6.8 round. This is honestly my first build. I bought some of the cheap AR stoner 25rd mags and my gun hated them. I think the springs in them are not strong enough. I'm going to pick up a few PRI mags for it soon, they seem to be the favored mag. I have no chrono data on it, buy I will eventually start reloading and will end up getting a chronograph. The gun shoots great. My bolt carrier/bolt combo lock up super tight. The recoil pulse is smooth and comfortable. I have the risers bc I am heavily left eye dominant, but I'm right handed. The risers lift the BUIS high enough for me to be able to use my left eye when shooting. It's a little odd, but it works well:) and I think I hear demon tactical asking for your money.....;)

Side note, if you're interested in the 6.8 round, come over to 68forums, I'm a member over there and there is a ton of info and ppl are friendly. The guys over there actually do a lot to push the industry for better products in 6.8. They really know their stuff.