• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Any experience with a Trijicon ACOG TA11?

I'm looking for some advice on a TA11 and what opinions and experience with it are.  If there is a better ACOG choice through personal experience or something outside of the ACOG line that is similar, feel free to give me an alternative to consider.  Thank you.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA11-D-100291

Edited by jrtmasp

I run a Trijicon TR24 1-4 power with the yellow triangle post reticle on one of my AR15's it's a fantastic piece of glass, I always wanted an Acog but after using the TR24 for several years now I wouldn't go to a fixed power scope like an Acog, aside from the fixed power the Acog's are scary freakin expensive over here as they are very difficult to get out of the USA being heavily ITAR restricted.

The TR24 has fibre illumination as well as tritium for low light/dark.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=AccuPoint&mid=1-4x24

Edited by 308kiwi

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, 308kiwi said:

I run a Trijicon TR24 1-4 power with the yellow triangle post reticle on one of my AR15's it's a fantastic piece of glass, I always wanted an Acog but after using the TR24 for several years now I wouldn't go to a fixed power scope like an Acog, aside from the fixed power the Acog's are scary freakin expensive over here as they are very difficult to get out of the USA being heavily ITAR restricted.

Thanks for the input.  I've held one for a few and was impressed.  They all seem to be fairly nice.  I feel your pain.  MA is horrible and my in-laws/family are close to you so gun restrictions are well known by many in my family. 

I would only buy an ACOG on sale or second hand (new model) in excellent condition.  The prices vary a lot depending on model but they aren't ever cheap. I've seen a few people over the last couple years that ran into financial trouble let ones go for $500+ off typical retail or sale price a number of times.  It's somewhat harder to find a deal like that on a TA11 though. A TA31 is much more popular version.