• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Springfield Armory Socom II

imschur

I missed a great deal on one of these a while ago. It was what i think they call urban camo maybe. It was white and gray. Anyhow i still want one. Anybody here own or ever own one? Last time I asked this question elswhere it just turned into a brawl about Springfield Armories quality.

The Fulton Armory Socom is nice but a lot more expensive.

I wanted one for a long time but they are just too pricy for me to justify. I picked up my LR-308 instead, figuring I'm more used too the AR sytem anyway. Now that I've worked with it a little I think it is much more user friendly than the M-14 family. However, if one showed up at a price I could afford it would definitely go home with me. It's just a classic main battle rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw that on Botach (BY THE WAY IF YOU HAVENT HEARD ME SAY IT BEFORE, BOTACH ROCKS!!!)  and thats a killer price at $1585.  I have been seing them used for $1600-$1800 on GB.  I have a good buddy that has one and it is a sweet rifle, and the sound you get when shooting one is second to none!  I love that clang!  The accuracy is not that great, but if you are looking at a 16" thats probably not your main concern.  I was not impressed with the plastic stock either, its kinda like a cheap Rem 700 adl synthetic stock if you know what I mean.  I really did like the older camo one that you are speaking of, I havent seen one of those in a while.  Bottom line I guess is, it is what it is and a fine piece at that, so if you want one by golly, buy one!