• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Enfield No 4 Mark 1 Gunsmith Recommendation

HotRod308

On 10/11/2018 at 9:38 PM, HotRod308 said:

I'm in need of  gunsmith that has experience mounting No 32 sniper scope and mounts on a Enfield No 4 mark 1 rifle. If you know of any gunsmith taht has the experience and knowledge to do this correctly, please let me know. Thank you.

How about  considering installing a Scope mounting rail on that $X00 rifle? Check out this video on Utube. 

My brother has used his .303 Enfield he "sporterized" back in the 1960s as his #1 goto Deer Rifle and has killed a bunch of big old San Saba whitetails .

Here is the source for thr rail kit. http://addleyprecision.com/product/le4p/

Edited by mrmackc

For the Vintage sniper rifle matches one has to use period correct mounts, there actual rules with list of rifles and scopes one can use. They make the reproduction mount and scope for the No 32 scope for the rifle the trick is getting it installed and it being usable at all distances. I did find a gunsmith that has done a few of them so far.

I just found out that Griffin & Howe who made the M1C scope mount for the Garand is still in business and still will install a mount on your garand for only $277.00 they make reproduction mounts and M-82 scopes. Numrich gun parts has the mounts.