• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Got my CMMG lower, now what stripped upper?

rt7

I was wondering which stripped upper fits best with a dpms pattern cmmg lower?  A friend of mine has a cmmg lower with a dpms ap4 upper and has to use an accu-wedge to get rid of top to bottom and left to right play.  My lower is complete with a ubr stock, I have an sass barrel and gas block.  I'm waiting on a hand guard to see if I get a high or low profile stripped upper.  I was thinking SI defense might be the way to go.  I was also wondering what kind of muzzle  brakes or compensators you guys were happy with.  Thanks in advance for any info.

I have a SI Defence upper on my CMMG lower. Mine is a snug fit ,very little wiggle .

I have had some problems with the lower as far as some fitment issues , minor stuff ,like the bolt catch had to be worked to make proper contact with the bolt , to hold it back .

My CMMG will not function with Magpul Pmags , no problems with CProducts or DPMS mags .

I like the lower ,it has nice features & a good feel.

The SI Defence upper is the origanal rail height as would be a Fulton Armory upper ,but the SI Defence is billet.

post-154-136297267769_thumb.jpg

post-154-136297267779_thumb.jpg