• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First AR 10 build

RAM2940

Been doing a lot of reading on this site about ar 10's, So I purchased a Aero M5E1 set and a 6.5 creedmoor Wilson combat 20" tactical hunter.  I want to use a rifle stock will the Aero M5 rifle buffer kit work okay with this setup.  Also read where I need the armalite rifle gas tube.  Tring to head off future problems.

4 hours ago, RAM2940 said:

I want to use a rifle stock will the Aero M5 rifle buffer kit work okay with this setup.  Also read where I need the armalite rifle gas tube. 

Yes, the Aero rifle recoil system will work, and probably have zero issues.

Yes, you need the Armalite AR-10 rifle gas tube.  Two WC barrels now, and another one just showed up to the board here - it's the way/location that WC is drilling the gas ports.  Armalite AR-10 gas tubes.

4 hours ago, RAM2940 said:

How do your WC barrels shoot, do you think the gas port is to small or did everything run good.

They both shoot fantastically!  One is a 16" .338 Federal barrel, "midlength" gas they say.  It's Armalite AR-10 Carbine gas, in reality.  Great shooting accuracy from it, even with fat Hornady 225gr SSTs going through it.  The felt recoil is less than a similar 16" .308 AR.  The other barrel is a 20" .260 Remington barrel, and I'm just under 100 rounds through it, all with load development.  I've settled the loads now, and what I went with was sub-MOA for groups.  There were several different loads that delivered sub-MOA through both these barrels.  Gas port diameter was perfect on both, after sorting out the proper gas tube lengths.

Edited by 98Z5V