• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New .308 - Mossberg MVP Scout

EugeneStoner

3 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

20190119_122125.thumb.jpg.f777905c857e2766da541153ec2a55b4.jpg20190119_121936.thumb.jpg.72ceecdef21946e6100e4538ff43ec32.jpgFirst is my 308 AR with the vortex Scout scope on it.

And second is my FUR,  with the Leupold scout scope on it.

3 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

I think I think mostly they're not that popular because they are neither quite fish nor fowl, so to speak. They are the all-around type of rifle, not the tacticool, not the pure Target, and not the pure hunting, or pure anything type of rifle.

they were they were designed to accomplish many things, but not be the best of any one thing. And therefore I think a lot of persons just don't quite get it, or understand where they fit/or how they work in many repertoires.

Very cool shooting irons Bubba, thanks for sharing.  I need to give some more consideration to this Scout optic thing.  I'm probably going to stick with the irons-only config on my new rifle as it has grown on me but should probably get another w/a Scout scope as it will be a proper traditional Scout rifle.  Annual bonus time is coming up so I'll have some money burning a hole in my pocket and it's also important to abide by the "two is one, one is none" principal. :thumbup:

Edited by EugeneStoner