• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Argentine surplus

PantherPlayer

Here is what most of my ammo stash is.....http://catalog.ammodepot.com/itemdetail.php?itemnumber=PTR308500

I have shot a bunch of this and while its not GMM or anything it will hit what you are aiming at.  I have shot out to 300 yards with it and demolished an old satalite dish at that range (and not I'm not talking about one of those massive dishes, just a normal house sized dish)  I have noticed it shoots a little bit dirtier than a lot of your commercially made ammo but I did a little research before I bought it to make sure it isn't harmful to the gun.  Just not a very clean burning powder.

I would be willing to sell a box of 20 or so at cost plus shipping if anyone would be interested in trying some before buying a bunch.  They also sell boxes of 100 rounds too, but they cost a bit more per round.

The other stuff in my ammo depot consists of the newly purchased (and unshot so far) 175g Federal GMM, 168g Winchester Surpreme balistic silvertips (for hunting), 180g Federal Powershok, and a box or two of a few others.

On another note, has anyone tried out any of the Hornady Superformance cartridges yet??