• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need some advice

Cullenwruth

I'm wanting to put together my fir ar10 and I'm having some trouble deciding on what route to go. I want to keep this build as low cost as possible but I do know that you pay for what you get so I don't mind spending a little extra in some areas.

I'm going to use this rifle for hunting, and long range shooting up to 800 yards.

My question is: would it be better/less expensive to build my rifle with a mega Ma10 upper/lower receiver and buy a barrel such as a noveske? Or should I get a complete lower and an armalite complete upper?

I know with either one I'm going to put a magpul prs on it.

So basically which one am I going to get the best accuracy for a reasonable price? Thanks

The real question you have to ask yourself is. Will you be happy with factory built lower and upper? Do you want an aftermarket trigger? Do you want certian sites and maybea quad rail? Do you want it more personalize for you rather then a mass produced run of the mill rifle?

Its all in what you want and the cost isn't going to be so crazy building one as to buying complete upper and lowers.