• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

12.5" Pistol or SBR Build

lbsand

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum but have been building rifles for some time.  Of late, a friend has me contemplating a 12.5" Pistol/SBR build.  I've gathered all my parts except the 12.5 Barrel and the Handguard.  My problem, is finding a suitable (for me) length handguard.  My personal preference is a Handguard that extends as close to the Muzzle Device as possible for leverage without hindering the installation of my can with an ASR mount.  In my resent searches, I've noticed there are quite a few 12.5" Barrel makers but practically no one is manufacturing an 11.5" Handguard.  I might even settle for 11" if I could find one.  So far, the only Handguard I've found is an 11.7" one from SLR.  I love SLR Handguards but they are pricey... and I do believe you get what you pay for.  However, I just don't want to spend 80% of the cost for an M5 Receiver Set and 12.5" Barrel for a Handguard right now.  I'm also too anal to install a 3/4" Barrel Extension and use a 12" Handguard. 🙂  Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.